Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Start
Alfa Romeo 145 - 146 Forum > Technical > Boxer Engine Only Oily Stuff
iomran
Hello ,
My 146 boxer 8V 1.6 don't start . I can't hear or feel the fuel pump rotate at the MAR position . I checked its fuse and relay in the engine bay and seems ok . Can I connect the fuel pump directly to the battery and take it to the technician ?
Also want to know if it is not the crank sensor as I know it would be an issue to get another one .
chrisss-m
If you lift the rear seats and turn the ignition on, but don't start the car. You should be able to hear the fuel pump prime then turn off, if you don't its fuel pump related.

black 146
QUOTE(chrisss-m @ 24th December 2013 23:38) *
If you lift the rear seats and turn the ignition on, but don't start the car. You should be able to hear the fuel pump prime then turn off, if you don't its fuel pump related.

do you have a kill switch under the passenger seat on the boxers that will cut the fuel off ?
iomran
QUOTE(black 146 @ 25th December 2013 10:18) *
do you have a kill switch under the passenger seat on the boxers that will cut the fuel off ?

Yes I have it . Have pressed it but no change
iomran
any idea ? can I use the battery connection to operate the pump instead of toeing the car ?
black 146
QUOTE(iomran @ 25th December 2013 11:08) *
any idea ? can I use the battery connection to operate the pump instead of toeing the car ?

never tried it that way have you tried to swop the fuel relay over on the BBOB
romesolution
Check the main fuses next to the relays..... Then with the ignition on pull the relays out one by one and then put them back in. Check to see if they click! Also the cut off switch can be bypassed by joining the wires to eliminate the switch (you don't need it). If all those things are in order, then i would plump for the crank sensor accessed through the passenger side wheel arch!
I have a 16v that did the exactly the same.
black 146
QUOTE(romesolution @ 25th December 2013 12:38) *
Check the main fuses next to the relays..... Then with the ignition on pull the relays out one by one and then put them back in. Check to see if they click! Also the cut off switch can be bypassed by joining the wires to eliminate the switch (you don't need it). If all those things are in order, then i would plump for the crank sensor accessed through the passenger side wheel arch!
I have a 16v that did the exactly the same.

good idea my crank sensor just cut out when it got really hot then started once cooled down
iomran
Ok , What happenned today and after more than 2 weeks no start , I tried looking for the crank sensor to check the socket is not loose ..etc between the wires .I couldn't find it unfortunately but smile.gif the car started once I tried again . In a short drive as a celebration after this I found it don't start immediately all the time after a park .same old symptoms but it start .
Could it be bad contact or is this still a sign of bad crank sensor ?
black 146
QUOTE(iomran @ 25th December 2013 22:11) *
Ok , What happenned today and after more than 2 weeks no start , I tried looking for the crank sensor to check the socket is not loose ..etc between the wires .I couldn't find it unfortunately but smile.gif the car started once I tried again . In a short drive as a celebration after this I found it don't start immediately all the time after a park .same old symptoms but it start .
Could it be bad contact or is this still a sign of bad crank sensor ?

I would say thve crank sensor as that happened to me two pweeks ago
iomran
ok sad.gif ..thanks smile.gif
black 146
QUOTE(iomran @ 27th December 2013 20:26) *
ok sad.gif ..thanks smile.gif

make shore the terminals are ok . as a good mate changed to before he found out that they where faulty taking it off whistle.gif LOL
niaugi
hi,

mine for example, did not start after assembly, because flywheel connector one of wires was broken.
don`t know if you mean crankshaft sensor is the same i am talking about this:
once that was fixed, everything was sweet..

else you should test:

spark plugs for fire
fuel line for fuel
be sure imobilaser is not blocking
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.