Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What Have You Done To Her Today?
Alfa Romeo 145 - 146 Forum > General > General Discussions
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
Smallville
As per the title, what have you done to her today? This can means anything smile.gif

I'll start it off. got new boots on the GTA today smile.gif
NaanBread
I looked at her today on the ramp and thought 'I really need to buy some parts'
addamski1980
the clonking coming from her rear reminded me i should fit those rear arm repair kits ive got in the boot
stevepx
b**ger all as it's still at the garage being stripped down......(see other thread).. sad.gif
AR 145
Withdraw 80 to fill her up on Wednesday.

You know why Scott worshippy.gif
Smallville
QUOTE(AR 145 @ 8th October 2012 12:58) *
Withdraw 80 to fill her up on Wednesday.

You know why Scott worshippy.gif

naughty.gif wink.gif laugh.gif
Duncan
Realised the speedo and tacho aren't working properly angry.gif
Fin
Fitted this: (Sort of)

[attachment=13967:WP_000235.jpg]

I say sort of, because I've yet to properly fit and hide the cabling in the dashboard. Also, I've only got the stick-on windscreen antenna with it, so I'll give it a few journeys and see how well it picks stuff up!
vantastic
QUOTE(Fin @ 15th October 2012 16:42) *
Fitted this: (Sort of)

[attachment=13967:WP_000235.jpg]

I say sort of, because I've yet to properly fit and hide the cabling in the dashboard. Also, I've only got the stick-on windscreen antenna with it, so I'll give it a few journeys and see how well it picks stuff up!

All becomes clear now wink.gif
Cloverleaf76
QUOTE(Fin)
Also, I've only got the stick-on windscreen antenna with it, so I'll give it a few journeys and see how well it picks stuff up!

I'd be really interested to know hiw that goes smile.gif
Smallville
Hmmm...

Christine the 155 - Disabled the ABS system so I can drive her biggrin.gif

Bella the GTA - PS3s fitted all round then a full alignment done and it's transformed how she handles smile.gif
NaanBread
QUOTE(Smallville @ 15th October 2012 23:41) *
Bella the GTA - PS3s fitted all round then a full alignment done and it's transformed how she handles smile.gif

what size screen you got for that?
Smallville
QUOTE(NaanBread @ 16th October 2012 00:50) *
what size screen you got for that?

Pilot Sport 3s I mean you silly t*t whistle.gif
tom145
bought a set of speedlines biggrin.gif, full service, cambelt change and waterpump, getting bits done for MOT as we speak and i gotta get coolant leak and heater matrix fixed......
black 146
QUOTE(tom145 @ 16th October 2012 08:51) *
bought a set of speedlines biggrin.gif, full service, cambelt change and waterpump, getting bits done for MOT as we speak and i gotta get coolant leak and heater matrix fixed......

get some pics up fella when you get the new wheels on laugh.gif
are you keeping them black ?
Fin
QUOTE(Cloverleaf76 @ 15th October 2012 19:59) *
I'd be really interested to know hiw that goes smile.gif

Well, after one journey from Derbyshire up to Cheshire and back it wasn't too bad really... The signal wasn't too good near to mine once I got going, not bad around Derby and fairly usable around Uttoxeter/Stoke way. Once I got on the M6, it seemed to improve and Planet Rock \m/ was clear and loud! coolio.gif

According to stuff off of the Internet (including www.dabonwheels.co.uk) a proper antenna improves reception no end. Seeing as I replaced the original antenna on my car with a powered one that was supposed to be good (but in reality was toss) I'm going to order and fit a decent DAB one later this week!

Watch this space!
tom145
QUOTE(black 146 @ 16th October 2012 09:19) *
get some pics up fella when you get the new wheels on laugh.gif
are you keeping them black ?

there grey atm, and ive got a colour in mind whats basicly grey, off a honda civic wheels i did little while ago and i liked it, im going to refurb them while stuff is baking off at work then get new tires put on also space them out about 10-15mm probs. pictures of all of this will be taken.
Francophile69
Been a busy bee today...

Replaced rear wheel bearings..borrowed a 3/4 drive socket set..easy with the right tools!

Fitted door mechanism.....what a pain..took longer than both wheel bearings..and...try as I could..and believe me I was gentler than a gentle thing from the planet gentle..but I still broke the bloody speaker grill lug clean off... rant.gif ..still at least the boss can open her door now...thanks to Vantastic for the spare bit

Changed spark plugs...last lot were NGK..62,000 miles and still looked ok..well the point of a couple of the smaller ones had seen better days...

Believe it or not 5 of the 8 plug wells had oil in them..the small plug furthest from the filler cap had so much I could just see the top of the plug...even though I am careful topping up and re-filling with oil I could imagine cylinder 1 plugs having oil in..but the furthest away?..especially if number 3 was dry? Number 1 both plugs gad a lot of oil, indeed the small plug, like in number 4 cylinder was barely visible!

Still it would appear to make a nonsense of saying a mis-fire is caused by oil in number one cylinder plugs!
tom145
black diamond discs, pads and brake lines ordered earlier today smile.gif
addamski1980
I WENT AND PICKED UP TAKAWAY CHINESE IN MY BELLA i dont know why i was shouting that thumb hit caps lock
Duncan
Cleaned the interior, for the first time since I bought it blush.gif
NaanBread
Driven to MOT station and sat here for an hour s**tting my knickers!
AR 145
Thought about where to take her for a hoon early sunday morning.. smile.gif
cesar86
Jacked her up only to find a split CV boot and lots of grease around dry.gif
Gaz
Drove it to work in the morning and home this evening. Noticed the handbrake light flickers when accelerating
Francophile69
QUOTE(Gaz @ 21st November 2012 19:49) *
Drove it to work in the morning and home this evening. Noticed the handbrake light flickers when accelerating

Definitely the handbrake lamp?... it's not the brake warning lamp because the clutch/brake fluid reservoir is low?..and that maybe the clutch slave cylinder leaking.
GialloEvo94
QUOTE(Gaz @ 21st November 2012 18:49) *

Handbrake lamp doubles up as a low brake/clutch fluid level warning indicator.
Francophile69
oh do try to keep up GE!
Gaz
Checked the fluid levels they are all fine. That was my initial thought as the brakes feel a bit spongy but im lost now, no idea
GialloEvo94
QUOTE(Gaz @ 21st November 2012 20:52) *
Checked the fluid levels they are all fine. That was my initial thought as the brakes feel a bit spongy but im lost now, no idea

The fluid level sensor is probably faulty then. It's a "float" in the cap.
Gaz
So what then, new reservoir cap?

Thats good, just made a post and get techy help. Cheers like biggrin.gif
xyy81t
could it not also be brake pad wear? same warning light is used for those is it not?
Gaz
New pads. I did think of the pad level wear sensors and dodgy connections but the warning light would be less consistent
black 146
i just payed for a new bosh lambada then found out it was the wrong make .so i got to go back on monday to get the right one
NaanBread
I forgot to lower the drivers seat.
Glen Horne
Been pretty busy with it recently!

New lower wishbones and ARB links fitted- what a difference!
Stripped seats and carpets out for welding, had both rear footwells and sills done, they were pretty bad!
Waxoiled inside around new plates and underneath.
Removed skirts and cleaned out a shed load of crap, ran a line of waxoil down the sill.
Whilst the seats were out I did the conversion to remove the seat height adjustment mechanism, all I can say is I wish I'd done it sooner, the position feels perfect now, you sit IN the car instead of ON it!

Naturally I took it out for a blast whilst the interior was stripped out! coolio.gif whistle.gif
black 146
QUOTE(Glen Horne @ 5th December 2012 08:40) *
Been pretty busy with it recently!

New lower wishbones and ARB links fitted- what a difference!
Stripped seats and carpets out for welding, had both rear footwells and sills done, they were pretty bad!
Waxoiled inside around new plates and underneath.
Removed skirts and cleaned out a shed load of crap, ran a line of waxoil down the sill.
Whilst the seats were out I did the conversion to remove the seat height adjustment mechanism, all I can say is I wish I'd done it sooner, the position feels perfect now, you sit IN the car instead of ON it!

Naturally I took it out for a blast whilst the interior was stripped out! coolio.gif whistle.gif

did you take some pics ? whistle.gif
addamski1980
well ive bought some leather door cards gonna fit them at weekend hopefully if im not as hungover as last weekend. (got drunk at friends dyed my movember tash pink and a bit of hair got covered in glitter and wore a ladies 1920's hat and then went to pub like that got home at 9 am) had funny looks on walk of shame lol
AR 145
Hoped that the battery hasnt died from the freezing cold weather and not being driven for a while lol
ChrisS
Pushed the nsf indicator back in again, freebie pops it out if i reverse with left steering lock....

And tried to figure why the red one fogs up so much.
Francophile69
QUOTE(ChrisS @ 6th December 2012 22:05) *
And tried to figure why the red one fogs up so much.

Figure it out yet?....search vent flap on here...a common fault.

ChrisS
QUOTE(Steve Hill @ 6th December 2012 22:18) *
Figure it out yet?....search vent flap on here...a common fault.

Thanks smile.gif been too cold to do much so parked her up & put the Scooby into daily use. Will have a search.
black 146
QUOTE(ChrisS @ 12th December 2012 20:28) *
Thanks smile.gif been too cold to do much so parked her up & put the Scooby into daily use. Will have a search.

Hi chris have you got any pics of the scooby whistle.gif
ChrisS
QUOTE(black 146 @ 12th December 2012 21:00) *
Hi chris have you got any pics of the scooby whistle.gif

Yes, but cant upload from an iPad sad.gif

Its a silver WRX Estate, PPP but nothing special

Still looking for stuck flaps!
Francophile69
http://forum.alfa145.com/index.php?showtop...hl=condensation

not the link I am looking for..there is a how to on here somewhere saying how to remove the flap...however the last post on that thread does give you a link to, dare I say it?..A.O!!....which explains the problem..in the meantime I'll try and find the thread on here....
Francophile69

something more here..still not the thread I had in mind though..although it does tell you how to rectify the problem..sure Purple did a how to though?
ChrisS
QUOTE(Steve Hill @ 12th December 2012 21:26) *

something more here..still not the thread I had in mind though..although it does tell you how to rectify the problem..sure Purple did a how to though?

Thanks Steve,
I think i know where to find it. Task for the weekend.
It did still have the rubber sponges under the bonnet, they are drying out in the garage....wont put them back.

Sunroof doesnt leak (not going to risk opening it till summer) and car has no aircon.

Ive used rain x anti fog & thats helped the front screen and side windows stay clear,mhaving the heater on full makes it much worse so had to freeze! Hence ive parked it till I sort it out (having 5 cars does help)

Cheers
Chris
AR 145
popped out to get a cheesecake for the mrs. Ended up having a 30 min hoon haha!
ChrisS
Bought some rear lights to fit over christmas
Fin
Did this yesterday (Wednesday):

New cambelt, balance belt, tensioners and idler, waterpump, *cam sensor, change to longlife antifreeze, oil and filter change and a few jubilee clips here and there. (Phew!)

Also, looked at the airbag unit briefly but I haven't sorted the problem yet. That will be next week when I can be arsed.

* I was going to try and re-build the cam sensor using the part suggested by GE, in the end to avoid having the car off the road for any length of time, I bought a genuine one from Panterra_Steve! I have kept the old one though, so I will see if I can find a cheaper repair/replacement part!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2020 Invision Power Services, Inc.