Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One Dead Alfa!
Alfa Romeo 145 - 146 Forum > Technical > Spit and Polish
Pages: 1, 2
cloverboy145
Well thanks to some pikey doing a three point turn on a blind bend on an A road I no longer have a 145!!!!

looks like its f**king totalled!!! rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif

I managed to hold onto it for now and got it towed to my dads unit where theirs a body shop next door.

I do have photos but she's not a pretty sight.

though drives and steers and starts first time on the button still.

Doors still fit the body and no distortion of roof and all ok behind bulk head. And windscreen all ok.

Suspension turrets are straight to look at and it still drives.

We shall see what the insurance says in the morning.

rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif

I think it'll take a bit more than a spit and polish though.

I am gutted.

Whats the best way forward fella's?

To look at it needs bonnet 2 wings, rad, bumper, slam panels been pushed into engine bay. All front end lights etc.
stevepx
fella thats really bad luck, can tell your furious!!!! presume you got the other parties details.......were the police called?? what did the other guy say?? sorry to hear this but chin up, i'm sure it can be repaired.......
Tifosi1976
T-Cut will do it mate.

gutted for you sad.gif
cloverboy145
QUOTE(stevepx @ 29th March 2011 23:22) *
fella thats really bad luck, can tell your furious!!!! presume you got the other parties details.......were the police called?? what did the other guy say?? sorry to hear this but chin up, i'm sure it can be repaired.......

I hit the back of the traffic queue stopped round a blind bend just after a traffic island. I was doing 20mph no more. Nothing I could do but hit the breaks and then a transit connect. which went into a ford kuga. Both were fleet vehicles. The guy I hit was fine until he got out looked at my car, then decided he had a sore neck. The van along with about 10 witnesses all then p**sed off and left us three. I was last man in so will be my fault. van drove off. Police came to direct traffic, nothing else.

Phoned RAC accident management who said that if they needed equipment to move the vehicle they would charge me for the cost. Its a new thing apparently. Offer a service take the monthly premium and then charge you anyway. So they send a transit RAC van after i told them what the damage was. And guess what they needed extra equipment, but don't worry your insurance company will be billed. so Recovery truck comes another two hours later and low loaded her on fine. This guy said no extra charge so fair play to him.

So yeah. I'd just about got her to a good condition where nothing mechanical needed fixing and she was singing like a beauty.

Guess thats the way it goes.

Good news we managed to get them to tow her to my dads lock up where she is firmly out of reach for now. They wanted to send her to an accident management company compound. I'd never have seen her again.

pixxypip
QUOTE(cloverboy145 @ 29th March 2011 23:40) *
I hit the back of the traffic queue stopped round a blind bend just after a traffic island. I was doing 20mph no more. Nothing I could do but hit the breaks and then a transit connect. which went into a ford kuga. Both were fleet vehicles. The guy I hit was fine until he got out looked at my car, then decided he had a sore neck. The van along with about 10 witnesses all then p**sed off and left us three. I was last man in so will be my fault. van drove off. Police came to direct traffic, nothing else.

Phoned RAC accident management who said that if they needed equipment to move the vehicle they would charge me for the cost. Its a new thing apparently. Offer a service take the monthly premium and then charge you anyway. So they send a transit RAC van after i told them what the damage was. And guess what they needed extra equipment, but don't worry your insurance company will be billed. so Recovery truck comes another two hours later and low loaded her on fine. This guy said no extra charge so fair play to him.

So yeah. I'd just about got her to a good condition where nothing mechanical needed fixing and she was singing like a beauty.

Guess thats the way it goes.

Good news we managed to get them to tow her to my dads lock up where she is firmly out of reach for now. They wanted to send her to an accident management company compound. I'd never have seen her again.

what colour is your alfa?
cloverboy145
QUOTE(pixxypip @ 29th March 2011 23:50) *
what colour is your alfa?

Rosso red. not one bit of fade either
pixxypip
QUOTE(cloverboy145 @ 29th March 2011 23:54) *
Rosso red. not one bit of fade either

r.i.p lil alfa maybe ours are in heaven together lol
stevepx
A little hope link...

yours can't worse than this, Jason got his fixed and back on the road, just read the link (if you haven't seen it before)

yeah, your insurance will take the hit unfortunately last man standing and all that......happened to me on the M27, some f**kwit stopped in the outside lane of the motorway, cause 4 cars all to do emergency stops and little old me (no ABS) skidded into the back of the stopped cars, my insurance paid the lot!!!! really hope you can get it fixed...i am sure there are plenty of people on here who can offer advice, spares etc!!! have a beer and look at it again in the morning
NaanBread
Absolutly gutted for you! She was a minter! I had enough trouble with my small claim so good luck! You will probably need it.

Hope all goes well smile.gif
groovylee
i have got two rosso wings (phase 1) if they are any use to you? free to collect (Shefford, Beds. probably about an hour and a half from you?) or i can possibly deliver for petrol money, just not sure when i'm next going to be over your way?

drop me a PM if you need them. i've also got a few other bits and pieces from the front end that might be of use to you if required

Lee
NaanBread
Well that's made it official! You have to repair her now! Lol
cloverboy145
QUOTE(NaanBread @ 30th March 2011 07:49) *
Well that's made it official! You have to repair her now! Lol

Thanks fellas, Mines worse than that, but if its all bolt on stuff and the inner wings are ok its worth doing. Need some time to think of best course of action. Sort out insurance company etc. Se what they say first.

Did you get yours sorted in the end Nath?

cloverboy145
QUOTE(cloverboy145 @ 30th March 2011 09:57) *
Thanks fellas, Mines worse than that, but if its all bolt on stuff and the inner wings are ok its worth doing. Need some time to think of best course of action. Sort out insurance company etc. Se what they say first.

Did you get yours sorted in the end Nath?

Update, been told by my dads mate who owns the body shop next door that the chassis legs are all bent in and would need cutting out etc. So may be a no go. no3.gif no3.gif no3.gif
Fin
QUOTE(cloverboy145 @ 30th March 2011 10:16) *
Update, been told by my dads mate who owns the body shop next door that the chassis legs are all bent in and would need cutting out etc. So may be a no go. no3.gif no3.gif no3.gif

Ah s**t dude! Thats a shame... All is not lost though. Vantastic has a decent looking shell you could use if you could get it to Worcester, and Pixxypip and Fish both have cars they want to break, so you could always do a part ex deal, or buy one of their cars and break yours!
cloverboy145
QUOTE(Fin @ 30th March 2011 10:52) *
Ah s**t dude! Thats a shame... All is not lost though. Vantastic has a decent looking shell you could use if you could get it to Worcester, and Pixxypip and Fish both have cars they want to break, so you could always do a part ex deal, or buy one of their cars and break yours!

It Gauls me to do it but i'm gonna have to break her fellas. She's got some great parts on her which I'm gonna list in due course. Gonna hold a Bring your own spanners party. Let you know when. She will live on in other 145's. I won't let her become a korean washing machine.
dellsbells
sorry to here that,,,
i do have a few parts in red ie bumpers bonnet wings doors if you do change your mind,,,,
Francophile69
Gutted for you...sorry to hear that...

as others have said there are a few about, maybe chhose the best and use yours as the donor for the bits you have....
cloverboy145
Just heard She's savable fella's smile.gif
This might be on.
Sorting something with Pooley
stevepx
QUOTE(cloverboy145 @ 30th March 2011 18:29) *
This might be on

awesome!!!! thumbup.gif
cesar86
QUOTE(cloverboy145 @ 30th March 2011 14:29) *
This might be on.
Sorting something with Pooley

Man as i read your story i got very sad, have a rosso red 145 as well, don't know how i would feel if i crashed it (except if it happened on a track day whistle.gif , normal)

Very happy to know there's a light at the end of tunnel for your 145! Hope it as goes well!
cloverboy145
QUOTE(cesar86 @ 31st March 2011 04:30) *
Man as i read your story i got very sad, have a rosso red 145 as well, don't know how i would feel if i crashed it (except if it happened on a track day whistle.gif , normal)

Very happy to know there's a light at the end of tunnel for your 145! Hope it as goes well!

Thankyou all so much for your support and all offers of parts and help are very heartening. This is what a forum should be about coolio.gif . I will let you know how we get on. hopfully getting a donor vehicle at the weekend. Hey I might even get a spare engine out of this to play with too smile.gif
cloverboy145
Right my bella is currently on life support.
Fetching pooleys QV tomorrow.
The face transplant will begin next week. smile.gif
cesar86
QUOTE(cloverboy145 @ 1st April 2011 16:44) *
Right my bella is currently on life support.
Fetching pooleys QV tomorrow.
The face transplant will begin next week. smile.gif

thumbup.gif
stevepx
QUOTE(cesar86 @ 1st April 2011 23:18) *
thumbup.gif

thats great news........... thumbsup.gif
Macca
Sorry to hear you had a death in the family today, great news it will be bought back from the dead... much like jesus, just better of course being a 145
NaanBread
Where's the pictures dude?
cloverboy145
QUOTE(Macca @ 1st April 2011 23:44) *
Sorry to hear you had a death in the family today, great news it will be bought back from the dead... much like jesus, just better of course being a 145

Pictures to follow.

Speaking of which:

Heres proof that god did infact make the 145. Its in the bible.

psalm 145 verses 1 & 2. Inded fitting for both phase 1 and 2 models.

Verse 1. I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever. worshippy.gif

Verse 2. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. worshippy.gif

I wonder what spalm 146 says whistle.gif
Macca
irrefutable proof that GOD wanted the 145 more than a son, hope you get her fixed up soon
cloverboy145
sorry about the shocking image quality. I need a new phone. but here goes.

heres my bella on life support.

and heres the donor car.

The one I crashed has the better paintwork and is mechanically sound so gonna use the other one for panels.

but looking at the donor i'll still need an offside wing and a grill as their not in great shape.

Once i'm done i'm gonna open it up to offers for parts. Then i'm weighing the donor car in.

Robin has already bagged the steering wheel, and handbrake and gear stick gaiters.

Full set of phase one wheels will be on offer though not sure of timescale yet.

gonna keep engine to have a as a rebuild project when i'm not so busy. its an ally top too.

so to give it a run down.

168,000 miles, every panel is a different colour red laugh.gif , 2 owners from new.

What it would need if i wasn't breaking it:

clutch, exhaust, tyres, resparay, belts, variator, battery.

weirdly six months ago it failed an mot on tyres only and thats it, then got rectified and sorted with an mot.

Good news is didn't pay much more than what i'll get at the scrap man. so i could well come out of this quits as far as parts go thumbsup.gif

[attachment=11993:Image022.jpg][attachment=11994:Image021.jpg]
[attachment=11996:Image020.jpg]
stevepx
picture 1.......that is such a sorry sight.
picture 2.......Could that be the silver lining to your very dark cloud!!!!

Good luck, i'm glad you could save it!!! thumbsup.gif
930Tech
QUOTE(cloverboy145 @ 2nd April 2011 22:26) *
Pictures to follow.

Speaking of which:

Verse 1. I will extol thee, my God, O king; and I will bless thy name for ever and ever. worshippy.gif

Verse 2. Every day will I bless thee; and I will praise thy name for ever and ever. worshippy.gif

Does it say owt about blue cloverleaf badges?
cesar86
Oh man, 1st pic is shocking, sad to look at... Didn't think the crash was that intense, how where you after it all happened?

The donor car looks in very good shape, so this means yours is going to look great too wink.gif After all it's an phase-1 QV whistle.gif

cloverboy145
QUOTE(cesar86 @ 2nd April 2011 22:48) *
Oh man, 1st pic is shocking, sad to look at... Didn't think the crash was that intense, how where you after it all happened?

The donor car looks in very good shape, so this means yours is going to look great too wink.gif After all it's an phase-1 QV whistle.gif

Does it say owt about blue cloverleaf badges?

Well I can finally put the blue badge thing to rest. This car has extreme sunfade on one side. The boot QV badge is Green. the left QV badge is green, but the right QV badge is............you guessed it Blue their not special their just sun faded.

Re. me and the crash. That was 20 mph into a stationary ford transit connect. I now know why NewZealand banned them on safety grounds.

Me? I've been on pain killers since and forgot to take them today and only noticed thiis afternoon I had a sore head. I've got an interior light shaped bump on it and I have no recollection of about 24hrs after the crash. I think i may have had concousion. But i'm over that now.

I think the posts where i said i was scrapping my bella confirms the bump to the head. I have now seen sense and she's gonna come back stronger than ever.

Cheers fellas. coolio.gif
cloverboy145
QUOTE(cloverboy145 @ 2nd April 2011 22:26) *
Pictures to follow.

Speaking of which:

And heres what it says about 146's:

psalm 146 verse 1 and 2
I will praise the LORD all my life;
I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.

I interpret that to mean that 146's should bow down to 145's whistle.gif
Macca
Definately, lol..

I almost wept at picture 1... sob

Picture 2 on the other hand should be the solution to all of lifes problems
dellsbells
at least its all happening quick for ya,
you be back on the road by next week,,,
pm sent,
cloverboy145
QUOTE(dellsbells @ 3rd April 2011 11:44) *
at least its all happening quick for ya,
you be back on the road by next week,,,
pm sent,

Cheers Dells!!
NaanBread
I also recon that means 146 should bow down, it is different to 145s psalm.
cloverboy145
The good news: Work has now officially started on the rebuild. biggrin.gif

The bad news: I've got two 3rd parties claiming from me sad.gif

I kinder already guessed the second one.
cesar86
So, how's it going so far?
cloverboy145
QUOTE(cesar86 @ 13th April 2011 12:29) *
So, how's it going so far?

Well. Slow progress and i'm doing it all via a telephone at moment. (finish degree in three weeks time so a little busy) biggrin.gif

All broken bits are off the crashed one and ready I think for new bits to go on. I haven't actually seen it since i towed it their unfortunately but my dad is overseeing everything for me.

Just found out today I had a close call with the cam belt which is odd.
Its done 2years and 3 months and done 19,000 miles and its all perished and cracked (caught it before it snapped luckily)
Thought i'd get more out of it.

Think i'll be helping to get her finished once i'm done with Uni.

Mind you i'm thinking while i'm at it I could go for a top end rebuild.
Colombo barriani? reprofile the cams out of the spare engine? get some head work?
what do we think peeps? all links greatfully recieved!! biggrin.gif
cloverboy145
Well its been a long time but there is hope for the old girl yet.

Her welding has been done succesfully thumbsup.gif

now time to bolt the new bits on and then its paint job time.

I think she's pulling through folks.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

NaanBread
good good smile.gif get some pics up laugh.gif
aamrit
NO WAY!!

I just read this complete post and couldn't believe it when I saw the pics .... that's my old car!

She still lives! ... glad you are saving her!

Looks/sounds like its had a bit of a rough ride since parting with it.

More pics please and glad you are getting it sorted.

thumbup.gif
cloverboy145
QUOTE(aamrit @ 12th May 2011 10:38) *
NO WAY!!

I just read this complete post and couldn't believe it when I saw the pics .... that's my old car!

She still lives! ... glad you are saving her!

Looks/sounds like its had a bit of a rough ride since parting with it.
More pics please and glad you are getting it sorted.

thumbup.gif

If i'm not mistaken yours is the one pictured on the trailer. Right?
Don't suppose you have the locking wheelnut key do you?

If yours is the one on the trailer. I have some bad news for you.
Its the donor car to fix mine up as mine has had virtually everything mechanical replaced on it before the accident.

I'll be breaking and selling the rest of her once mine is done.

Sorry.

but thanks for the encouragement. smile.gif
aamrit
QUOTE(cloverboy145 @ 12th May 2011 12:28) *
If i'm not mistaken yours is the one pictured on the trailer. Right?
Don't suppose you have the locking wheelnut key do you?

If yours is the one on the trailer. I have some bad news for you.
Its the donor car to fix mine up as mine has had virtually everything mechanical replaced on it before the accident.

I'll be breaking and selling the rest of her once mine is done.

Sorry.
but thanks for the encouragement. smile.gif

Yep, mine was the old one on the trailer, its had 2 owners since I parted with it and the locking wheelnut key went with the car.
Donor car, meh... it werent goin to last for ever! ... at least its being used to keep another 145 on the road instead of being totally scrapped.

Either way, keep us posted on the repair and fair play for repairing it.
cloverboy145
Well I've been told She's getting primered today. smile.gif

Havn't been down to see her in a while as finished degree yesterday.

This sounds like might be ready for travelling to GT1 silverstone on June 5th worshippy.gif

cloverboy145
Well, I think she lives!!! worshippy.gif worshippy.gif worshippy.gif worshippy.gif

Finishing touches to body work being done tomorrow

and she starts and runs too.

Now for a cambelt service and some tax and she'll be right.

Not ready to go to GT1 in but very shortly after I should Co Co!!! worshippy.gif

Will get some photos up tomorrow night.
stevepx
QUOTE(cloverboy145 @ 31st May 2011 17:38) *
Well, I think she lives!!! worshippy.gif worshippy.gif worshippy.gif worshippy.gif

Finishing touches to body work being done tomorrow

and she starts and runs too.

Now for a cambelt service and some tax and she'll be right.

Not ready to go to GT1 in but very shortly after I should Co Co!!! worshippy.gif

Will get some photos up tomorrow night.

nice one fella good work................get some piccy's up when you can thumbsup.gif
cloverboy145
QUOTE(stevepx @ 31st May 2011 19:31) *
nice one fella good work................get some piccy's up when you can thumbsup.gif

Well Here she is all put back together worshippy.gif worshippy.gif worshippy.gif

Now for a cam belt service and she'll be good coolio.gif

(Oh why does piccassa show picture orientation correctly then post them the wrong way round? Hey ho)

[attachment=12467:Image034.jpg][attachment=12468:Image036.jpg][attachment=12469:
Image037.jpg][attachment=12470:Image038.jpg]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.