Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OBD 146 Ti 1996
Alfa Romeo 145 - 146 Forum > Technical > ECU Diagnostics
wire
Hi All,

Does anyone know where the OBD connector is on a 1996 146ti ?
I know on the post MY98 models it was a 3 pin type in the engine bay on the suspension turret but I cannot find any exact mention on this forum about it for pre 98 models. The manuals are hard to read for this as they show the full car with no way of determining the connector position.

I had AJs sotware for a 99 146 which worked great but I think the diag for this car is going to be tougher !

Thanks
Mike
GialloEvo94
AFAIK, the connector is in the same place on all TS models both early and late. It's only held onto the suspension turret with a plastic clip so are you certain it hasn't just broken off and the connector fallen down the back?
Hybrd
its not one of those behind the dash jobbies is it???
wire
Theres one on the passenger side suspension turret.
But I'm pretty sure thats for the abs ecu though. I'll have another look in case its after falling down somewhere
Junior145
...think its next to the lambda port, under that black cover, just behind the engine smile.gif ..if you find some software tho please share rolleyes.gif ..think you need a different cable too, as i think, afaik, its older than obd.
wire
yep that seems to be where it is . In the middle at the bulkhead beside a block box.

I'm hoping to use one of these pieces of software for reading back data.

http://forum.alfa145.com/index.php?showtop...60&hl=kwp71

I think the same cable should do with a RS232 to K Line converter box as shown in the diagnostics section on this forum.
Junior145
QUOTE(wire @ 4th May 2008 22:04) *
yep that seems to be where it is . In the middle at the bulkhead beside a block box.

I'm hoping to use one of these pieces of software for reading back data.

http://forum.alfa145.com/index.php?showtop...60&hl=kwp71

I think the same cable should do with a RS232 to K Line converter box as shown in the diagnostics section on this forum.

ah yeah, tried both of those items of software, cheers for posting the link though, was looking for them again the other day but couldnt find the post... the 'Fiat Coupe 20VT Diagnostics' is the one to go for. however defiantly doesnt work with a 3 pin to 16 pin converter, then a 16 pin obd to rs232 cable. wasnt the cable either as i had it working perfect with my previous plastic top 145. hoping if had a schematic diagram i could get the electricians at work to try knock one together for me fingcross.gif
wire
ill try the Fiat one so !

Thanks junior 145
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.