Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bbob Maintenance
Alfa Romeo 145 - 146 Forum > Technical > FAQ
automan
I don't know if it was written about before, but I see many members have problems with the fuse/relay box under the bonnet.

Today I had some free time to spend with my Alfa and decided to check the condition of the BBOB. I pulled relays out and saw that their contacts are bad. I scratched *dirt* from the pins and applied solder. I sprayed the fuse and relay housing with WD40(I am out of contact spray), waited for it to dry and reinstalled the relays/fuses.

I hope with this tratment I will have no more problems with it. I plan to inspect it again in a few months.

[attachment=6654:Photo0182.jpg][attachment=6655:Photo0184.jpg]
[attachment=6656:Photo0186.jpg][attachment=6657:Photo0191.jpg]
Darryl
eek.gif how clean are your BBOB connectors!
WOW, think I need to get my finger out!
shard
Cleaned mine about three weeks ago.

Lug connectors on two separate relays had corroded to green powder sad.gif , the wires came away. Bit of a clean with the leatherman a quick rewire and job done. (The immobilizer had decided to stay on but that was down to a dodgy connection, thanks to this forum sorted that)

The car ran a lot smother, until the boulder took out the sump... sob sob...

New sump here Wednesday though!! garage person lined up, so hopefully not long and the Blue Streak will be back on the road..!!!!! smile.gif
kirk46
my bbob only has 2 relays and 2 fuses.... you have way more lol smile.gif

mine are dodgy a good method which i read... cant remember where tho is give the relays/fuses a whiggle is the engine revs move they need sorting.....

just done the test with mine.... the revs did wobble gave them a clean but havnt investergated the wiring yet ohmy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2021 Invision Power Services, Inc.