Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alfa Key Repair
Alfa Romeo 145 - 146 Forum > General > Links
GialloEvo94
Not sure if anyone else has seen this already but there are currently a couple of sellers on eBay who are offering a key repair service for damaged/broken keys (the casing and/or the internal circuit). A cheaper option than buying a brand new key if your key is no longer working or has seen better days cosmetically...Alternatively, just click HERE to automatically do a search on eBay for "Alfa Key Repair".

EDIT: Information from sellers original eBay auction listings now attached (click attachments for full size view)...

1) jeffasan's auction listing information:-

[attachment=6283:AlfaKeyR...jeffasan.jpg]

2) zaksystems' auction listing information:-

[attachment=6284:AlfaKeyR...ksystems.jpg]
rabs2271
do you know if this works as both my keys are dead,they open the doors and start the car but will not work the alarm,spoke to local dealer and said he would do me deal for 2 keys and reciever and code them for 150 inc vat but 21 a key sounds good to me
GialloEvo94
If your keys open the doors remotely then you don't have a problem with your keys...you have a problem with the receiver unit and/or the alarm box. Assuming the fault doesn't actually lie with the alarm box (which is in the boot) and is a problem with the remote receiver unit (mounted in the roof just in front of the rear view mirror) then unfortunately the only way of fixing your problem is with a new receiver unit and keys as the dealer has already advised.
rabs2271
sorry should have explained that a bit better,keys will only open the doors if i put the key in and turn it manually with my hand,alarm went off 1 morning about 3 in the morning,switched it off with the remote and it never worked again.red light in key still works and alarm light on top of steering column still flashes constantly but thats it
jam
how many people on the forum actualy have problems with there keys, if someones has a spare key they dont want i sure i can work out the common faults and ho to fix them.
spike6511
I have a problem with my keys, the light works on the key and they work manually in the locks, amd starts the car. but don't work remotely and the alarm does not work. Is there a fix for this. Any help would be appricated.

On reading the Alfa key repairs on ebay, he states:

To prevent unnecessary returns, please note that this is a repair service for 147 and 156 keys ONLY.
Do not purchase repairs for 145/146/164/GTV or other Alfa key, regardless of key colour, as I cannot repair failures in these early key models.
GialloEvo94
QUOTE(spike6511 @ 25th September 2007 12:50) *
On reading the Alfa key repairs on ebay, he states:

To prevent unnecessary returns, please note that this is a repair service for 147 and 156 keys ONLY.
Do not purchase repairs for 145/146/164/GTV or other Alfa key, regardless of key colour, as I cannot repair failures in these early key models.

Only one of the sellers actually actually does repairs on the 145 & 146 keys (jeffasan) although that seller doesn't currently appear to have any items/services for sale. The other seller (zaksystems) only does key repairs for the 147 & 156. It's probably worth contacting jeffasan direct as it might be that he just hasn't got round to putting any auction listings up this week.

With regards to your key not working the alarm/central locking, have you tried replacing the batteries? The way the LED light comes on does actually have some relevance to the state of the batteries...

http://forum.alfa145.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=89035

Failing that then it seems that your alarm receiver unit (in the roof just in front of the rear view mirror) has somehow forgotten the remotely transmitted code from your key and without the 4-digit code tag that originally came with each new key from the factory which is required in order to reprogram your key against the receiver (most of these were tags lost by the original car owners), there is unfortunately no easy or cheap fix to your problem.
spike6511
Batteries are new, put new ones in on saturday. Can they not do something if you have the master key. I have been told that is what is required.
GialloEvo94
QUOTE(spike6511 @ 25th September 2007 20:03) *
Can they not do something if you have the master key. I have been told that is what is required.

No unfortunately not. The master key is for the CODE immobiliser system and not the alarm. The alarm and immobiliser are 2 completely separate systems. The key has a transponder in for the immobiliser and an unrelated circuit in which is for the alarm system. The immobiliser and alarm systems are not connected and do not interact with each other in any way. See this post...

http://forum.alfa145.com/index.php?s=&...ost&p=86952
alfa146ts
hmmm, i think he have stolen my key and money:(
i payed and sended the money for 30 days ago:(

better cross my fingers and hope the post office is late
GialloEvo94
QUOTE(alfa146ts @ 26th March 2008 21:43) *
hmmm, i think he have stolen my key and money:(

Who? One of the eBay sellers? How did you Pay? If by PayPal then you can raise a "dispute" with them about non-receipt of goods you paid for and they will retract the money already paid to the seller into a holding area until the dispute is resolved. You can also report the matter to eBay.
alfa146ts
wee got a mail from him today:D but the cuircit board is dead:( so now i got my money and key back.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.