Group: Admin
Local Time: 21st January 2019 18:42
Member No.: 954
Driving: Alfa 145 QV, Lancia Delta Integrale Evo, SEAT Leon Mk2 FR+ TDI DSG

QUOTE(ToxyMaTT @ 29th September 2013 11:34) *
Is this the JTD pipe ?
I saw this when I took a look at EPER, TS resonator ohmy.gif

JTD :

Is the pipe a better idea than removing the resonator and put nothing in replacement ?
Like a cold air intake?

No, the pipe I got was off the Brazilian version of the 145/146. In Europe cars were required to be fitted with a "resonator" by EU law to comply with noise levels. This wasn't a requirement in Brazil so rather than fit some expensive convoluted noise reduction box they just fitted the straight through pipe as shown in my photo. Unfortunately this is no longer available from Alfa as they are all sold out with no more being manufactured.

I'm not sure if the JTD version of that pipe is the same as the TS one. I wouldn't go by the diagram because while it may look the same it may just be a generic picture they've used and the actual JTD pipe may have a different size airbox fitting to the TS one and/or be a different length. Without seeing a JTD and TS airbox (and the pipe) side-by-side it's difficult to know.

You would have to take a gamble if you decided to buy one of the JTD pipes, assuming of course that Alfa still have the JTD ones available.

Other than that you can always make up your own. At least one other person on here in the past has butchered their resonator by cutting off the part that clips into the airbox and attaching a generic piece of pipe to it (jubilee clip or similar) so that's another possible option.

It's always preferable to run with some kind of air feed pipe rather than nothing at all because if you just leave an open hole in the airbox where the resonator attached to there is a chance that hot air from the engine bay will just get sucked into it. Better to have a directional pipe that you can feed to a location where you know it will be getting cold air.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
ToxyMaTT
post 29th September 2013 12:10
Post #22 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Member No.: 11,185
Driving: 156 2.5L V6 SW

Thx for your answer ! wink.gif

So ... all sold out, and no chance to find a second-hand one here in Europe ?! sad.gif
Maybe I'll try the JTD one, if I find a second-hand one, or I will adapt a généric pipe...

I'll keep you inform ! biggrin.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
simon88wilson
post 29th September 2013 14:19
Post #23 | Print

1.4 16v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 21st January 2019 17:42
Member No.: 4,979
Driving: 145 1.8

See post #2 on this thread: http://forum.alfa145.com/index.php?showtopic=15104

that maybe a possibility although when i did it to mine, i ended up cutting my finger pretty deeply with the tubing and also after a while i found the aluminium was shredded...

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
ToxyMaTT
post 1st October 2013 15:08
Post #24 | Print

1.3 8v

Member No.: 11,185
Driving: 156 2.5L V6 SW

QUOTE(GialloEvo94 @ 16th July 2006 00:52) *
Replacement pipe was £3 from Alfa (part number 60617628)

[attachment=3733:RenonatorReplacementPipeNotFitted.jpg]

JTD pipe looks like nearly the same, what do you think ? (part number 60 654 981)

This post has been edited by ToxyMaTT: 1st October 2013 16:12
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
GialloEvo94
post 1st October 2013 16:24
Post #25 | Print

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 954
Driving: Alfa 145 QV, Lancia Delta Integrale Evo, SEAT Leon Mk2 FR+ TDI DSG

QUOTE(ToxyMaTT @ 1st October 2013 16:08) *
JTD pipe looks like nearly the same, what do you think ? (part number 60 654 981)

The JTD one looks longer to me from the pictures.

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
raudio
post 16th December 2015 21:04
Post #26 | Print

1.3 8v

Local Time: 21st January 2019 17:42
Member No.: 12,473
Driving: Alfa 156

QUOTE(GialloEvo94 @ 3rd June 2006 19:24) *
Well I finally got the screws connecting the wheel arch liner to the bumper drilled out using cobalt drills (very hard) and RTD cutting compound biggrin.gif

But, I hit two problems (one of them major sad.gif). First, I couldn't get the mounting bracket off the resonator as the bolt is so badly corroded into the bracket. Second, I managed to trash my air box by breaking off most of the lugs which hold the lid on, again due to corroded in screws mad.gif Why don't people use grease on anything? rant.gif

[attachment=3340:ResonatorBracket.jpg]

I could fart around with cutting the bracket off and cleaning it up but I need a new air box now which means it's going to be next week until I can finish the job anyway so I'm just going to order a new bracket and be done with it. So, what I thought would be a fairly straight forward has turned into a complete mission rolleyes.gif Hopefully I'll get there eventually wacko.gif

Just one other thing. When you disconnect the headlamp washer joint, water will go everywhere as your washer tank drains itself all over the floor which is something I overlooked doh.gif You have three options...1) Have a bucket handy and drain the tank through the disconnected pipe 2) Push the end of the hose up trhough the engine bay and leave it in a place there the end of the hose higher than the tank 3) Don't disconnect the hose at all and just move the bumper to the side of the car with this hose still connected (which is what I did in the end) smile.gif

[attachment=3343:Facelift...rRemoved.jpg]

Also, for anyone with facelift car, the bumper isn't on runners like the pre-facelift bumpers are. Instead, there is an additional 'hidden' bolt on each side of the bumper rolleyes.gif. To find it you need to peel back the inner wheel arch liner...

[attachment=3344:FrontWhe...eledBack.jpg]

[attachment=3342:HiddenFa...mperBolt.jpg]

The bumper then just lifts off.

thanks
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21 Jan 2019 17:42