Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 15th November 2018 14:03
Member No.: 12,458
Driving: 146 Boxer 16v, 146 Ti Fl, 145 Qv Fl

Hi!

It's been almost 2 years since I own this beloved 146 smile.gif

Well, this came home after a thorough search, I was looking for something special for me, but not overpriced, looked for a Delta 1.8 HPE, 145 Cloverleaf (ended up with one at the end whistle.gif ), Tipo Sedicivalvole, Punto Gt...even looked out Fiat's door searching for C20XE equipped Vauxhall Astra, Ford Fiesta Turbo(CVH). All the search ended when I found what is a little gem here, as there are only few 146 Ti compared to his brother 145 Qv, in months of search only found older ones of 1995-6, but this one was one of the last, with the facelift and CF2 engine....some Alfistis here claims that only three 146 Ti Ph3 were sold in Spain...that can be true as I've only seen three units, including mine's. Here it's a ph3 I would say, as there were 3 gens of 145/146 on here (ph1:Boxer engines-from 1994 to 1996-, ph2: Boxer replaced with TS16v, round air vents on the interior.. -from 1997 to 1999-, ph3: from 1999 to 2000, 2.0 TD replaced by 1.9 JTD, new bumpers, seats and chrome inserts on the interior except Base trim).

I bought it from a Gypsy, so it had next to none look to care and maintenance, but it had a pretty good base to start with, so it's been almost 2 years stored on the garage to finally see the light again, but to go the shed where I work on my cars

I've expent plenty of hours working on it, and discovered some downsides that will extend the needed time to reach a car that works and looks as it should, but I'm doing good progress, so I will explain the jobs done on nexts posts.

Cheers!
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
dante giacosa
post 3rd November 2017 09:12
Post #2 | Print

1.6 8v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 15th November 2018 11:03
Member No.: 13,068
Driving: 146 CF2 1.8 T-spark

ooh!

I'm SO looking forward to this!

leather interior- wow; what I wouldn't give for a tan leather interior for a 146...

Interesting- the B-pillar and tailgate top are NOT black. I've noticed all non UK cars appear to have black vinyl between the side windows and on the top edge of the tailgate, above the glass- before the actual roof.

Also- the bumper rubbing strips appear to have been painted silver too?
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Ganz
post 6th November 2017 00:38
Post #3 | Print

1.6 8v

Member No.: 10,640
Driving: 145 Cloverleaf 2.0L ts

We need pics! Lots of um!!

--------------------
G A N Z 145

Instagram
ganz145_alfa
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
FactoryOsaruJPN
post 8th November 2017 04:19
Post #4 | Print

1.4 16v

Member No.: 12,021
Driving: Alfa 145 2.0 without silencers

Wow!
Nice interior,and good looking outside.
What seems to be the problem in driving on the road?
I guess there can't be any issues at a glance.

I also look forward to your next post.

--------------------
Factory Osaru JPN
Also seen at http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/398935/profile/ (Website in Japanese)

I have driven 145 for more than 17 years in Hokkaido the most northern/coldest district of Japan.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Antonio
post 15th March 2018 23:05
Post #5 | Print

1.3 8v

I'm sorry that never replied to the people who wrote here..now it's time to show step-by-step how the project is (sloowly) going, but at first:

QUOTE(dante giacosa @ 3rd November 2017 12:12) *
ooh!

I'm SO looking forward to this!

leather interior- wow; what I wouldn't give for a tan leather interior for a 146...

Interesting- the B-pillar and tailgate top are NOT black. I've noticed all non UK cars appear to have black vinyl between the side windows and on the top edge of the tailgate, above the glass- before the actual roof.

Also- the bumper rubbing strips appear to have been painted silver too?

dante, if you look at press pics of MY'99 unit, all seems to have the doors and tailgate fully body coloured. The bumper strips are painted in body colour in Ti versions coolio.gif

QUOTE(FactoryOsaruJPN @ 8th November 2017 07:19) *
Wow!
Nice interior,and good looking outside.
What seems to be the problem in driving on the road?
I guess there can't be any issues at a glance.

I also look forward to your next post.

As always, the pics mimmics the aesthetics, but whole front end is in quite bad shape with dents, disaligned panels, paint peeling and so on. One of the hinges of the driver's door is mostly broken and the same if I look at the reinforcement plate of tailgate lock and much much more like absence of fabric on roof lining, burnt A and C pillars interior trim...nothing scary but all adds up. The engine sounded like a bag of nuts, broken CV boots, gearbox leaking (always happens on C510..). Even with all that, it did +300km going to its new home just fine, but to be fair I never revved it past 4500rpm and/or WOT so who knows...all in all it needed a good look and that is what I'm doing ATM, keep an eye at the thread as I had found some surprises down the road wink.gif

Tomorrow I will start to add content to the thread and I will try to do frequent updates 146.gif

View Vehicles
+Quote Post
dante giacosa
post 16th March 2018 09:05
Post #6 | Print

1.6 8v

Member No.: 13,068
Driving: 146 CF2 1.8 T-spark

Hey Antonio; good to hear from you

when you say 'C510', do you mean that is the gearbox spec..?

Also- I've just noticed; what is that under your bonnet, in-between the battery fuses/relay box and air filter..?

Is it an aftermarket alarm or something..?
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Antonio
post 16th March 2018 15:14
Post #7 | Print

1.3 8v

dante, C510 means the gearbox type, widely used on smaller engines of FCA till today. Yes, it is an aftermarket alarm, but I will trash it, I don't have any remote for it plus I can't see any advantage in this kind of cars nowadays.

Well, just after I took it home after being parked for a year I started to look a bit deeper into car's health, so first step was to look at the belts and compression pressure

The belts didn't look bad, but the cambelt wasn't tight enough and the both counter-rotating shafts and cambelt weren't timed correctly..Compression test showed good values with four cylinder rounding 1.1MPa. Even with this good values I wanted to take off the engine to change the variator and anti-drain valve, seals and so on, so the work began!

Ready to take it off from the 146

Going down..

All came pretty good with no side damages biggrin.gif

Now with the engine out, I could take a deeper look at front subframe. Took out the front fender and headlights and all I found wasn't good sad.gif

The only damaged I knew from first time was the one next to the battery tray, mostly caused by the acid. As the pics show, front crossmember has been hit and is badly repaired. Also, looks like the sealant used at the factory didn't work well as there are rust spots behind it..

Keep an eye here, I will post more in some hours, why the image limit per post?? rant.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Antonio
post 16th March 2018 19:52
Post #8 | Print

1.3 8v

Moving on to another area, I'm sourcing some parts I will need tongue.gif

Also, as I only have the Master key, I'm sourcing used fobs, mostly looks pretty bad but this could be saved

Cleaning it, lock switch is missing plus fubared battery

This is how it looks now, new switch soldered, battery and switch's rubber

My goal with thi car is not only to make it look good again but to improve it in some areas, something like a "restomod"?So I'm sourcing some parts to do so

And some goddies couldn't lack here, I'm in doubt in fitting them, I really like the OEM teledials..

View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15 Nov 2018 11:03