post 17th April 2019 12:25
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 8th December 2019 16:44
Member No.: 13,641
Driving: 1995 145 1.7 16v

Hi gents,

After getting the boxer engine back in the 145 over the weekend and getting it running again, I've noticed that it'll idle at around 750-800 rpm cold or hot. I've connected to the ECU via MultiECUScan and from cold idle I can see the ECU is reporting the water temp correctly along with the air inlet temperature and I can hear the idle control valve when activating it via the software. I've tried unplugging the ICV and the ECU water temp sensor and starting it and it makes no change to the idle speed whatsoever (though I don't know if it should). I found a video of a 1.6 boxer being started from cold and that idles at 1000rpm which is what I presume the 1.7 should too but again, I'm presuming it should have a higher cold idle RPM. It idles ok at this RPM when its cold though I think the fuel that's in it is probably past its best along with the injectors being a bit gummed up.

I'm planning on cleaning the MAF, the ICV and the throttle bodies now that we know the engine is sound but just wanted to ask in case there's anything i'm missing or if I'm looking for a problem that does't exist and the 1.7s just idle at the same RPM hot or cold. The only things to note are the car has a cheap ebay cone air filter fitted and the plastic vacuum manifold has been replaced with a aluminum manifold but all the connections that went to the original are going to the new one also.

Thanks smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8 Dec 2019 16:44