post 6th January 2015 17:38
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Local Time: 16th August 2018 19:39
Member No.: 11,789
Driving: AlfettaGTV6, 105 Spider, 145 1.6 & 145 Cloverleaf

Hi,

Not new to Alfa's, had a couple of 155's and a 164, but have currently got a crop of 145's that I cant see go to the scrapyard, so am working through the issues.

I have a 1.6 Junior which has ABS issues.

Start and drive the car and although the pedal is very firm, the ABS light is extinguished and the ABS function works. After an indeterminate and variable period, the ABS light comes on, and the ABS doesnt function ie brakes lock up when nailed. To reset the ABS, the ignition is simply switched off and on again and all is well.
The time from switch on to ABS malfunction could be over 15 minutes and isnt consistent. I've not measured pedal pushes to see if that is a trigger.

What do I need to fix it and where will I find it (ABS pump, fuse, relay, etc.etc.)

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
black 146
post 6th January 2015 19:51
Post #2 | Print

1.7 16v

Group: Veteran
Local Time: 16th August 2018 20:39
Member No.: 3,861
Driving: alfa 145 1.6ish

QUOTE(AlfettaGTV6 @ 6th January 2015 17:38) *
Hi,

Not new to Alfa's, had a couple of 155's and a 164, but have currently got a crop of 145's that I cant see go to the scrapyard, so am working through the issues.

I have a 1.6 Junior which has ABS issues.

Start and drive the car and although the pedal is very firm, the ABS light is extinguished and the ABS function works. After an indeterminate and variable period, the ABS light comes on, and the ABS doesnt function ie brakes lock up when nailed. To reset the ABS, the ignition is simply switched off and on again and all is well.
The time from switch on to ABS malfunction could be over 15 minutes and isnt consistent. I've not measured pedal pushes to see if that is a trigger.

What do I need to fix it and where will I find it (ABS pump, fuse, relay, etc.etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Its under the bonnet near the brake servo. right top mount. its in a black plastic box it has to fuses that are the same but if you take the two out at the same time you will loose all the dash lights but if you take them out when the car is running will still run. I have a problem and taking the fuse out don't stop the ABS kicking in !

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16 Aug 2018 19:39