post 2nd August 2017 14:36
Post #21 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 25th September 2017 09:08
Member No.: 12,980
Driving: 145 1.6 Boxer; 145 1.9JTD Edizione Sportiva

QUOTE(effkay @ 1st August 2017 15:39) *
Forgot to add, the Brembo pads I fitted completely disappeared during the day and left huge dust deposits all over the car - I was left with 1mm of pad by the time I got home. Already ordered some Pagids for 33 delivered as I have never had an issue with them and they usually last 4-5 track days!

People have suggested they were fake but I ordered them via Amazon Prime with next day delivery and the pads and packaging all seems legit and well made. No idea how they would last even 5,000miles of normal road driving!

could be some kind of "soft" series. have you tried Jurid Whites?
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
effkay
post 2nd August 2017 17:11
Post #22 | Print

1.4 16v

Group: Regular
Member No.: 6,340
Driving: Alfa 145 2.0 Cloverleaf, Subaru Impreza WRX PPP

Interesting...had a look into this and seems you can get them for similar money as Pagids from www.gsfcarparts.com, but don't think they are the 'White' ceramic version which is designed for higher performance/temperatures.

Found where I can get some EBC Yellowstuff track pads for 82 rather than normal 110, so may bite the bullet and get them after I've used the Pagids which arrived today. My friends run Yellowstuff on their track cars and seem to have good luck with them. The Jurid Whites seems to be around 85 for cars I have managed to find one for sale - usually BMWs, so not much saving over the EBC.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
aero_mati
post 4th August 2017 22:32
Post #23 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 25th September 2017 05:08
Member No.: 12,820
Driving: Alfa 145 Cloverleaf

QUOTE(effkay @ 1st August 2017 06:12) *

The little Clio that wanted to be a WRC 206 tongue.gif

I don't know why but I find 205s really cool dunno.gif

Nice driving. Do you have any sort of mechanical problem after the track day? Do you have any specific part upgraded for track use or is everything stock?. I'd love to push the car a little on a track but I'm afraid I may break something (since it's a 20 year old car).

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Ganz
post 6th August 2017 00:40
Post #24 | Print

1.6 8v

Member No.: 10,640
Driving: 145 Cloverleaf 2.0L ts

QUOTE(effkay @ 2nd August 2017 18:11) *
Interesting...had a look into this and seems you can get them for similar money as Pagids from www.gsfcarparts.com, but don't think they are the 'White' ceramic version which is designed for higher performance/temperatures.

Found where I can get some EBC Yellowstuff track pads for 82 rather than normal 110, so may bite the bullet and get them after I've used the Pagids which arrived today. My friends run Yellowstuff on their track cars and seem to have good luck with them. The Jurid Whites seems to be around 85 for cars I have managed to find one for sale - usually BMWs, so not much saving over the EBC.

Good stuff. I'll stay clear of Brembos.

Hi mate

Have you got any photos or drawings of how you rigged to the battery kill switch and where the wiring runs through. Is it connected to the alternator?

--------------------
G A N Z 145

Instagram
ganz145_alfa
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Ganz
post 6th August 2017 00:52
Post #25 | Print

1.6 8v

What ARBs have you got(are they non-standard) and have you made any modifications to the rear sub-frame as in poly or alloy bushes?

--------------------
G A N Z 145

Instagram
ganz145_alfa
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
effkay
post 7th August 2017 09:28
Post #26 | Print

1.4 16v

Member No.: 6,340
Driving: Alfa 145 2.0 Cloverleaf, Subaru Impreza WRX PPP

Do you have any sort of mechanical problem after the track day? Do you have any specific part upgraded for track use or is everything stock?

Only mechanical problem I have had was the power steering pump failing, but a stock refurbished unit has been working fine for the last couple of years. Replaced the radiator as had lots of holes, but even that didn't result in any overheating. Other than that I have used OEM track rod ends and drop links etc with no issues. Engine still stock apart from the intake and exhaust mods.

Have you got any photos or drawings of how you rigged to the battery kill switch?

The switch came with the car when I bought it, but it isn't wired in yet. I've had no need to get it wired in yet as not done proper racing requiring it. I just use a quick disconnect on the actual battery for when the cars in the garage for weeks between track days. Sorry for being of no help!

What ARBs have you got(are they non-standard) and have you made any modifications to the rear sub-frame as in poly or alloy bushes?

I have a thicker rear ARB waiting for me to put it on but I have not got round to it as requires removal of the fuel tank - it prob needs a stiffer front one also to stop any excessive roll in the corners but it doesn't feel bad from the drivers seat. I run Spax adjustable rear shocks on stiffest settings and use Bilstein B8 dampers at the front, with FK lowering springs all round.

I have not replaced any bushes yet - nothing seems to be knocking or failing yet. There aren't too many polybushes that you can get for the 145 and my engine mounts seem fine at the moment: https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/pro...0%29-701/1.html

If I one day put wider Fiat Tempra lower wishbones on the car to achieve better camber, I'll use the powerflex bushes, but for now while the car works I'll just be driving it as hard as I can whistle.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Ganz
post 8th August 2017 22:34
Post #27 | Print

1.6 8v

QUOTE(effkay @ 7th August 2017 10:28) *
Do you have any sort of mechanical problem after the track day? Do you have any specific part upgraded for track use or is everything stock?

Only mechanical problem I have had was the power steering pump failing, but a stock refurbished unit has been working fine for the last couple of years. Replaced the radiator as had lots of holes, but even that didn't result in any overheating. Other than that I have used OEM track rod ends and drop links etc with no issues. Engine still stock apart from the intake and exhaust mods.

Have you got any photos or drawings of how you rigged to the battery kill switch?

The switch came with the car when I bought it, but it isn't wired in yet. I've had no need to get it wired in yet as not done proper racing requiring it. I just use a quick disconnect on the actual battery for when the cars in the garage for weeks between track days. Sorry for being of no help!

I have a thicker rear ARB waiting for me to put it on but I have not got round to it as requires removal of the fuel tank - it prob needs a stiffer front one also to stop any excessive roll in the corners but it doesn't feel bad from the drivers seat. I run Spax adjustable rear shocks on stiffest settings and use Bilstein B8 dampers at the front, with FK lowering springs all round.

I have not replaced any bushes yet - nothing seems to be knocking or failing yet. There aren't too many polybushes that you can get for the 145 and my engine mounts seem fine at the moment: https://www.powerflex.co.uk/road-series/pro...0%29-701/1.html

If I one day put wider Fiat Tempra lower wishbones on the car to achieve better camber, I'll use the powerflex bushes, but for now while the car works I'll just be driving it as hard as I can whistle.gif

You can get a few poly bushes for the 145: I've got the rear subframe poly bushed, poly bush drop links, Lowered FK struts and springs, thicker front and rear ARBs (Fiat Turbo jobs), ARB poly bushes to the front subframe. It will probably be a bone shaker when I get it on the road!

This post has been edited by Ganz: 8th August 2017 22:35

--------------------
G A N Z 145

Instagram
ganz145_alfa
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Ganz
post 9th August 2017 22:36
Post #28 | Print

1.6 8v

QUOTE(Desperado @ 28th June 2017 00:18) *
The 'Kippers t*ts' I forget where I heard that now...telly probably.

Got to be the quote of the year thumbup.gif

--------------------
G A N Z 145

Instagram
ganz145_alfa
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25 Sep 2017 08:08