IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> My Alfa 145 QV Died, A lot of errors, cant figure whats wrong.
samsagaz
post 10th October 2017 15:31
Post #1 | Print

1.4 16v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 15th December 2017 16:09
Member No.: 729
Driving: Alfa 145 QV

Hey guys, i have an Alfa Romeo 145 QV from year 1997.
12 months ago the exhaust pulley was broken and of course get a dissaster in the motor.

After a year of trouble, the car never worked well again. I have changed several sensors, the phase variator, etc., etc. When I scan it it throws several errors, once reset when I turn it on and scan it again, it throws back other different errors, knows somebody that can be failing? will the ECU have broken?

Maybe some Cree Leds lights that i installed will be having problems with the ECU?
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
samsagaz
post 4th November 2017 21:40
Post #2 | Print

1.4 16v

QUOTE(samsagaz @ 10th October 2017 15:31) *
12 months ago the exhaust pulley was broken and of course get a dissaster in the motor.

After a year of trouble, the car never worked well again. I have changed several sensors, the phase variator, etc., etc. When I scan it it throws several errors, once reset when I turn it on and scan it again, it throws back other different errors, knows somebody that can be failing? will the ECU have broken?

Maybe some Cree Leds lights that i installed will be having problems with the ECU?

Now is like 30 days without use the car, i pick up the car from the garage because the mechanical told me that dont know how to fix it.

Before start getting all these electrical failure the engine was making a lot of noise (like if are running without old), and I decided to change the oil, once changed the 100% of the oil the old light not turn off and i could see that not too much oil arrive to the top of the engine (to the camshafts) looks like dont have enough pressure.

Tomorrow will dessasemble the engime myself. I payed like 2500USD in part and labor and the car are worst than before.

Is possible that the oil pump are damaged? i read many posts and is strange that the pump fails.

Regards
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
dante giacosa
post 5th November 2017 09:11
Post #3 | Print

1.4 16v

Member No.: 13,068
Driving: 146 CF2 1.8 T-spark

Hey samsagaz,

The 145 is not a complicated car- it sounds like you have been very unlucky.

I must say, immediately, that it feels to me like the belts went back on wrong- or out of time, after the exhaust pulley went.

It is also possible that the head of the car experienced significant damage at that point.

Are you able to say what work was done, after the belts came off..?
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Ganz
post 5th November 2017 23:48
Post #4 | Print

1.6 8v

Member No.: 10,640
Driving: 145 Cloverleaf 2.0L ts

QUOTE(samsagaz @ 10th October 2017 15:31) *

Hi Sam

When you say the pulley was broken what was broken.. the teeth, the splines on the cam..?? Need more information before a diagnostic.

--------------------
G A N Z 145

Instagram
ganz145_alfa
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
samsagaz
post 6th November 2017 21:53
Post #5 | Print

1.4 16v

QUOTE(dante giacosa @ 5th November 2017 09:11) *
Hey samsagaz,

The 145 is not a complicated car- it sounds like you have been very unlucky.

I must say, immediately, that it feels to me like the belts went back on wrong- or out of time, after the exhaust pulley went.

It is also possible that the head of the car experienced significant damage at that point.

Are you able to say what work was done, after the belts came off..?

Hi dante, i fixed it many times, but now i dont have time to inspect it.

After the pulley was broken the cylinder head/lid/cover was removed and rectified. all the belts and tensors was changed, the cam variator was changed too.

As the car wont run smooth i changed the oil and put 15w40 one (instead the 10w40 that i always use on this car) but the light wont turn off. Inspecting how the oil flow with the oil cap, looks like dont have enough preassure. :/

I found another mechanical workshop that just fix Alfa Romeo cars. Looks like is the best choice to send the car to they and see what they say...

Sorry for my english.

View Vehicles
+Quote Post
dellsbells
post 13th November 2017 16:44
Post #6 | Print

1.6 16v

Group: Veteran
Member No.: 466
Driving: alfa 145 cloverleaf

Sump pickup pipe can block up it has lots of small holes that can block up,make sure you use right sealant on sump
Has to come from Alfa main dealerships
Very easy fix though drain oil remove sump you will soon see if it is blocked up,
Nice1 dell
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
samsagaz
post 13th December 2017 16:17
Post #7 | Print

1.4 16v

QUOTE(dellsbells @ 13th November 2017 16:44) *
Sump pickup pipe can block up it has lots of small holes that can block up,make sure you use right sealant on sump
Has to come from Alfa main dealerships
Very easy fix though drain oil remove sump you will soon see if it is blocked up,
Nice1 dell

Guys measure the oil pressure and get 3.8lb when cold at idle, mechanic told me that was too low (i cant find the right page in the manual to see the default value) But all the post that i read looks like 4lb are OK. So looks like is not a oil pump problem, right?

I need to change the both camshaft because 9 cams are a little small (like 2mm) and change the hydraulic lifters.

The mechanic told me that need to change the variator too (just changed it 2 months ago and drive just 25km) but told me that as the cams are not good and maybe have some kind of chips from the cams and need to be changed (i think that he trying to stole my money)

View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15 Dec 2017 16:09