post 7th April 2017 22:21
Post #41 | Print

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Local Time: 22nd October 2017 12:33
Member No.: 954
Driving: Alfa 145 QV, Lancia Delta Integrale Evo, SEAT Leon Mk2 FR+ TDI DSG

QUOTE(zanetti @ 7th April 2017 20:12) *
Well, I have only the red key, no master key with the replacement ECU/CODE box.

OK, so your best two options are these:-
  1. Forget about your existing key and just get the transponder in the key that came with the replacement CODE immobiliser cloned to a new uncut key. Then get the blade of that newly cloned key cut to match the blade of your original key. Then you will have a key that will operate the locks / ignition, and de-immobilise the car. And if you want one or more keys just get as many cloned / cut as you want. Any reputable automotive locksmith should be able to do this for you, as can some high street key cutting outlets.

2. Get a master key created for your system which will then allow you to program in transponders from any other keys, including your existing key. I can do this for you but the only trouble is that I would need the yellow CODE immobiliser box from your replacement system which means your car would be off the road while this was being done, and with you being part way across the other side of the world this might not be particularly convenient for you. You could of course try contacting some of your local automotive locksmiths because it is possible that they may also have the knowledge and equipment to do the same.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
zanetti
post 10th April 2017 06:10
Post #42 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 22nd October 2017 13:33
Member No.: 984
Driving: Alfa Romeo 147 2.0 TS

QUOTE(GialloEvo94 @ 8th April 2017 00:21) *
OK, so your best two options are these:-
  1. Forget about your existing key and just get the transponder in the key that came with the replacement CODE immobiliser cloned to a new uncut key. Then get the blade of that newly cloned key cut to match the blade of your original key. Then you will have a key that will operate the locks / ignition, and de-immobilise the car. And if you want one or more keys just get as many cloned / cut as you want. Any reputable automotive locksmith should be able to do this for you, as can some high street key cutting outlets.
  2. Get a master key created for your system which will then allow you to program in transponders from any other keys, including your existing key. I can do this for you but the only trouble is that I would need the yellow CODE immobiliser box from your replacement system which means your car would be off the road while this was being done, and with you being part way across the other side of the world this might not be particularly convenient for you. You could of course try contacting some of your local automotive locksmiths because it is possible that they may also have the knowledge and equipment to do the same.

1. I was thinking the same thing, probably what I'll do.

2. How necessary is the master key these days with the option of cloning existing keys, I understand that it is the first key that was programmed with the CODE unit but if there was data corruption it probably wouldn't make a difference?
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
GialloEvo94
post 11th April 2017 10:06
Post #43 | Print

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Local Time: 22nd October 2017 12:33
Member No.: 954
Driving: Alfa 145 QV, Lancia Delta Integrale Evo, SEAT Leon Mk2 FR+ TDI DSG

QUOTE(zanetti @ 10th April 2017 07:10) *
How necessary is the master key these days with the option of cloning existing keys, I understand that it is the first key that was programmed with the CODE unit but if there was data corruption it probably wouldn't make a difference?

To be perfectly honest I've never needed to use my master key. I think data becoming corrupt in the CODE immobiliser ECU is extremely rare and I only know of one such example of that probably being the cause of someone's car not starting.

Where a master key is probably most useful is where you have managed to lose a key and you want to wipe any currently programmed in transponders from the CODE immobiliser ECU for security reasons, or if you lose all the normal red keys and need to program in a whole new set of replacement keys. You need the master key if you want to be able to do either of these things. Also, if you have a master key it is also possible to get hold of the 5-digit emergency starting code if you don't currently have one. If you don't care about any of that then you don't need a master key.

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22 Oct 2017 11:33