IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Breaking 1995 Alfa 145 1.6 Boxer (Zender, Momo seats, etc)
HaydnW
post 4th July 2016 17:46
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 18th September 2019 23:00
Member No.: 11,793
Driving: Alfa 164 Q4 3.5 Savali

Hi folks.

Can't really believe I'm typing this, but I've made the decision to break up my 1995 Alfa 145 1.6 Boxer for spares, after an MOT fail led to me discovering that both front floors, one rear floor, both rear seat belt anchors and both rear inner wheel arches are basically rotten (some bits naturally worse than others). The car also needs the rear brakes, handbrake and clutch master cylinder to be replaced, and all of this work is just too much to justify. The car also runs out of MOT tomorrow (5th July) and I honestly expected it to pass with a couple of advisories, so I'm pretty shocked by what I've found. This means that all parts are available to purchase, though it might be a couple of weeks from now before some parts (such as wheels) can be removed as I need to keep the car movable for now. Parts that may be of particular interest include:

>Zender bumpers and side skirts. These were repainted black less than two years ago costing 400. As such they're still in really nice condition, save for a 2 inch scratch that I accidentally caused today (doh!) on the rear bumper. I can fill this in with some paint, or leave it if the buyer wants to repaint them anyway.
>Momo black leather interior. In really nice condition, the only issues being a missing/broken bit of trim on the driver's seat and a couple of storage marks in the rear seat squabs from when the seats were folded down for a few days (which should press out in time). I also have the matching door cards with red stitching, the handbrake and gear lever gaiters and the rear side trims (with the speaker covers)
>4 X 15 inch teledial alloy wheels. As above, these will only be available when I no longer need to move the car (or have replaced them with another set of wheels). In generally good condition. Fitted with budget tyres with good tread.
>Stainless steel cat-back exhaust made by Tony Banks in Leeds. Fitted October 2014 costing over 400. I doubt this will fit TS cars?
>1600cc Boxer engine which has covered 74k miles. Leaks a very small amount of coolant from somewhere which I've yet to trace but slowly gathers on top of the r/h cylinder head. I carried out a full service on this engine in 2014 including cambelts and tensioners, auxiliary belts, water pump, oil and oil filter, core plugs on top of the engine, cam cover gaskets, etc. While the engine was out I replaced the clutch (3 piece kit) and fitted a replacement used gearbox to cure 4th gear problem. Engine doesn't make any funny noises, has always performed without issue.
>Gearbox. Can be sold together with the engine if required. As above, this is not the car's original but is a spare sourced from Richard Murtha (well known Alfa parts supplier). I don't know how many miles it has done but it feels much better than my old gearbox, though still has the same issue when engaging reverse gear (ie, it very rarely goes in without a bit of a fight!)

Aside from all that there's the rest...radiator (new in 2015) headlights, rear lights, other interior trim, steering wheel, dashboard controls and buttons, etc... all the usual parts.

Let me know if you're interested in any of these items.

Thanks,
Haydn

Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
malfarati
post 6th July 2016 08:07
Post #2 | Print

1.3 8v

Local Time: 19th September 2019 00:00
Member No.: 12,089
Driving: Skoda Octavia

Hi,

I'm interested in the front door cards, any chance you could send me a pic of them? Are the rear cards the same style or just plain? How much for the front pair only and the set?

Look forward to hearing from you.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
HaydnW
post 6th July 2016 10:36
Post #3 | Print

1.3 8v

Hi Malfarati,

Photos of the door cards and rear cards below.

They would benefit with a quick wipe over, but other than that they're in nice condition. Speaker covers, directional air vents etc are included. What would you say to 40 for the whole set? Would you need them to be couriered?
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
malfarati
post 6th July 2016 21:36
Post #4 | Print

1.3 8v

40 is spot on, and yes I will need them couriered (cheapest possible) please, Hermes may be worth a try.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
HaydnW
post 7th July 2016 08:55
Post #5 | Print

1.3 8v

OK no problem. I looked into a few quotes late yesterday evening, cheapest I found so far was 20 but I'm sure I can do better. I'll try to get them packaged within the next few days then calculate postage based on weight (they shouldn't be very heavy at all) smile.gif

Haydn
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
jatkinson
post 7th July 2016 17:44
Post #6 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Member No.: 12,677
Driving: alfa

Pmed you
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
malfarati
post 7th July 2016 19:49
Post #7 | Print

1.3 8v

OK thanks, I appreciate that. Delivery post code will be SO30 3PL. Look forward to hearing from you soon.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
jatkinson
post 7th July 2016 20:03
Post #8 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Member No.: 12,677
Driving: alfa

Hi have you seen my pm , ive messaged you about the kit ,
Thanks
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
HaydnW
post 7th July 2016 22:08
Post #9 | Print

1.3 8v

QUOTE(jatkinson @ 7th July 2016 21:03) *
Hi have you seen my pm , ive messaged you about the kit ,
Thanks

Yep I've seen it, I'll reply now. I work evenings so I've not been home long smile.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
HaydnW
post 11th July 2016 15:39
Post #10 | Print

1.3 8v

Right then - Malfarati: I think we might be going with the original quote of just under 20, via the following website:
http://www.carpartcouriers.co.uk/acatalog/...cards_trim.html
This is because I've had to package the front and rear door cards as two pairs, ie two individual packages. You only realise how big they are when you try to pack them up rolleyes.gif This price will not include insurance though (see further down the page) but let me know if you want this to be included for the extra cost. The cheapest price via other couriers so far is 60. I can also supply the dimensions of each parcel if you wish, so you can have a look for yourself? Regardless, the packages are ready to ship, though I still require your full address to attach to each parcel, however we can sort this when we've decided on a method of shipment.
One of the plastic speaker covers got damaged during removal, so I've included another pair that are damage-free. I also discovered that the front speakers are Alpine units - I had no idea, but there you go! They are included, as originally stated.

Jatkinson - I've started removing the Zender kit from the car, so it should all be removed and cleaned up ready for you on Sunday (if that's still a good day for you to collect - let me know if there's any changes).

So far the only (provisionally) sold items are the door cards, rear cards and the Zender kit; everything else is still available. Pictures of the seats and wheels are below - I gave both a quick clean before taking these pictures, so with a bit of elbow grease they'll come up really nice. Let me know if there's anything you're interested in!

Haydn

View Vehicles
+Quote Post
malfarati
post 11th July 2016 18:05
Post #11 | Print

1.3 8v

Hi HaydnW,

I've sent you a PM.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
HaydnW
post 18th July 2016 13:15
Post #12 | Print

1.3 8v

Sold so far: The Zender kit, front and rear door cards, and the rear lights. All other parts are still available.

To help things sell I've had some thoughts about prices for individual items, which I will list below.I'm open to negotiation, these prices are just suggestions of what I'd like for them, so just let me know if there's anything you're interested in. Bear in mind P+P will need to be added on if you need items to be delivered.

Some parts such as the engine will need to stay with the car for the time being so I can keep the car mobile, but I'll list them below anyway. Also let me know if there's anything you would like to see pictures of. I will probably add to this post as I find more stuff, I have lots of 145 spares stashed all over.

Momo leather seats - 150
Teledial wheels - 120
Engine (78k miles 1.6 Boxer) - 180
Gearbox - 50 (willing to do a deal for engine and gearbox together)
Spare gearbox with broken 4th gear and sump pan missing - 20
Stainless cat-back exhaust - 80
Headlights - 25 each or the pair for 40
Gear knob and handbrake gaiters - 10
Roof lining (good condition, not sagging) - 30
Door mirrors (early manual type) - 10 each
Radiator (almost brand new) - 30
Air box with BMC racing filter - 25
Steering wheel, plain early type - 10
Steering wheel, later type with coloured badge - 20

Haydn
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Peadar
post 1st September 2016 01:26
Post #13 | Print

1.4 16v

Group: Regular
Member No.: 10,638
Driving: 146

Hi,

Is the handbrake gaitor broken, and do they have the red stitching?
Also, are the headlight adjusters broken in the headlight?
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
sanitary
post 8th September 2016 19:58
Post #14 | Print

1.4 16v

Member No.: 662
Driving: in front of you

QUOTE(HaydnW @ 18th July 2016 14:15) *
Sold so far: The Zender kit, front and rear door cards, and the rear lights. All other parts are still available.

To help things sell I've had some thoughts about prices for individual items, which I will list below.I'm open to negotiation, these prices are just suggestions of what I'd like for them, so just let me know if there's anything you're interested in. Bear in mind P+P will need to be added on if you need items to be delivered.

Some parts such as the engine will need to stay with the car for the time being so I can keep the car mobile, but I'll list them below anyway. Also let me know if there's anything you would like to see pictures of. I will probably add to this post as I find more stuff, I have lots of 145 spares stashed all over.

Momo leather seats - 150
Teledial wheels - 120
Engine (78k miles 1.6 Boxer) - 180
Gearbox - 50 (willing to do a deal for engine and gearbox together)
Spare gearbox with broken 4th gear and sump pan missing - 20
Stainless cat-back exhaust - 80
Headlights - 25 each or the pair for 40
Gear knob and handbrake gaiters - 10
Roof lining (good condition, not sagging) - 30
Door mirrors (early manual type) - 10 each
Radiator (almost brand new) - 30
Air box with BMC racing filter - 25
Steering wheel, plain early type - 10
Steering wheel, later type with coloured badge - 20

Haydn

Hi

How much of this has now been sold?
I could be interested in the seats
and the stainless exhaust

cheers

san
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
HaydnW
post 9th September 2016 08:35
Post #15 | Print

1.3 8v

Hi guys,

Peadar: the handbrake gaiter has red stitching but also has a small crack in the plastic surround. The headlight adjusters need to be replaced.

San: the seats, door cards, engine, rear lights and a few other small parts have sold. The exhaust is still available, as are the wheels.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
sanitary
post 9th September 2016 11:20
Post #16 | Print

1.4 16v

Member No.: 662
Driving: in front of you

QUOTE(HaydnW @ 9th September 2016 09:35) *
Hi guys,

Peadar: the handbrake gaiter has red stitching but also has a small crack in the plastic surround. The headlight adjusters need to be replaced.

San: the seats, door cards, engine, rear lights and a few other small parts have sold. The exhaust is still available, as are the wheels.

Ah phooeyy! just noticed its a boxer engine sad.gif yep mine's TS....

is the front grill still available?
as mine has just been broken and I'm not sure it can be fixed

san
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
HaydnW
post 24th September 2016 23:32
Post #17 | Print

1.3 8v

QUOTE(sanitary @ 9th September 2016 12:20) *
Ah phooeyy! just noticed its a boxer engine sad.gif yep mine's TS....

is the front grill still available?
as mine has just been broken and I'm not sure it can be fixed
san

Hi San,

Apologies for the late reply.
Do you mean the large slatted item that sits between the headlights, held in place by two bolts on top?
Or the plastic badge surround that sits inside the front of the bonnet?
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
aero_mati
post 25th September 2016 01:46
Post #18 | Print

1.4 16v

Local Time: 18th September 2019 20:00
Member No.: 12,820
Driving: Alfa 145 Cloverleaf

So sad to see a 145 getting cannibalised sad.gif , it looked quite good. Those teledials look nice, sadly I'm very far away haha.

Cheers

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
HaydnW
post 25th September 2016 09:03
Post #19 | Print

1.3 8v

QUOTE(aero_mati @ 25th September 2016 02:46) *
So sad to see a 145 getting cannibalised sad.gif , it looked quite good. Those teledials look nice, sadly I'm very far away haha.

Cheers

I agree. That's the worst bit; it was good, at least from the outside. Very good in fact. That's why I spent significant money on lots of little 'upgrades'; the Zender kit, Momo leather, Teledial wheels and so on. There were just so many hidden horrors, the most surprising of which was probably the rear inner arches, one of which I could flex in and out with my hand due to rust...you could even see the wheel from inside the car. On top of that it needed some mechanical work, so I just don't think it was viable to save it. I guess I feel better knowing that the parts are going to good homes, rather than scrapping the whole car.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
aero_mati
post 25th September 2016 18:39
Post #20 | Print

1.4 16v

Local Time: 18th September 2019 20:00
Member No.: 12,820
Driving: Alfa 145 Cloverleaf

QUOTE(HaydnW @ 25th September 2016 06:03) *
I agree. That's the worst bit; it was good, at least from the outside. Very good in fact. That's why I spent significant money on lots of little 'upgrades'; the Zender kit, Momo leather, Teledial wheels and so on. There were just so many hidden horrors, the most surprising of which was probably the rear inner arches, one of which I could flex in and out with my hand due to rust...you could even see the wheel from inside the car. On top of that it needed some mechanical work, so I just don't think it was viable to save it. I guess I feel better knowing that the parts are going to good homes, rather than scrapping the whole car.

Sure, is too much to repair. Of course is better to help other 145 owners than just scrapping it. Some parts are quite interesting, but as I said, I live far away from the UK mad.gif

Cheers

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 Sep 2019 23:00