post 24th February 2019 16:09
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Local Time: 26th March 2019 12:13
Member No.: 13,168
Driving: Alfa Romeo 145

Hey guys!

First of all, about the car's interior. I dont really feel the seats are hold me enough. I dont know if its because it is too worn, or just not that "sporty" (We have a 155, which is hold me a lot better). It has side airbag (what i would like to keep in the car:) ).
I read a "lot" about that topic, which seats fit, etc and people said that the gtv seats are even worse and they dont have side airbags. The 147's seats are look nice, and they have airbags, but are they compatible with the 145?

Aaand the other question is:
Is the 1.6's cylinder head compatible with the 1.8 engine? (cf2, 144hp)

Thank you everyone, and sorry for the grammar mistakes smile.gif

Have a nice day!
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
dante giacosa
post 24th February 2019 22:37
Post #2 | Print

1.6 8v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 26th March 2019 11:13
Member No.: 13,068
Driving: 146 CF2 1.8 T-spark

Hey IecramZk-

We have the same engine!

I feel sure the airbag squibs would be compatible between systems- the controller only 'sees' them as a resistance- but you would need to check the connectors between different seats to verify the 'era' of airbag systems you are trying to mix.
However- airbags aren't quite my 'area'; so it might be best to defer to more significant advice!

Remember, for a '99 car- if you power the ignition (even momentarily) with one of the airbag units not connected; you'll have to get the ECU check-light on the dash reset using the diagnostic controller.

By 'cylinder head' if you mean the bit with the Pistons in; then I would think they are compatible (within CF version), but you would of course reduce the capacity of your engine swapping to a smaller block.
What are you trying to do..?

This post has been edited by dante giacosa: 24th February 2019 22:38
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
JeremyG
post 25th February 2019 11:36
Post #3 | Print

1.4 16v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 26th March 2019 11:13
Member No.: 12,797
Driving: 166 3.0 Sportronic, 145 QV

QUOTE(IecramZk @ 24th February 2019 16:09) *
Aaand the other question is:
Is the 1.6's cylinder head compatible with the 1.8 engine? (cf2, 144hp)

Hi - the heads are likely to be the same between the two engines, but the cams are different: 1.4 and 1.6 are the same as each other; 1.8 and 2.0 are the same as each other but different to the 1.4 & 1.6.

As Dante said - what are you trying to do - fit a 1.6 head to a 1.8 block?
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
IecramZk
post 25th February 2019 23:20
Post #4 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Local Time: 26th March 2019 12:13
Member No.: 13,168
Driving: Alfa Romeo 145

Thank you guys for the answers.

About the airbag: Yes, I know if I power the ignition while the airbag is disconnected, it will store a "failure". smile.gif But thank you for told me this, I think a lot of people don't know that.

Aaaand the engine;
Soo it is quite hard to tell what my problem is with the engine, for 2 reasons: Usually my father and me do everything about our car(s), he has the "brain", the skill, and I just help him, you know. But I am the one, who can speak English. (Not that very good, but I'm trying:D)
Soo when I said cylinder head, I meant this, that part:
Attached Image

Why we want to replace? Beeeecause once (a half year ago maybe) something had broken and because of that all of oil came out and it cause that the engine isnt 100% anymore. (It is really hard to explain the problem, because my of my english - and as u can see, and I don't really have the knowledge.)
So we have two 1.6 Ts engine, and we could replace the cylinder head if they are the same.

I really hope that you understand what I wanted to say.

Thank you guys for helping me, have a nice day/night! worshippy.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 Mar 2019 11:13