rossoscozia
post 15th September 2020 12:25
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Local Time: 18th September 2020 17:09
Member No.: 13,988
Driving: Alfa 145, Alfa 166, Alfa Giulietta

Hi All, posting my first query here after picking up my 145 last month. I have noticed that after it rains I get a large puddle of water lying on the back parcel shelf. It is coming from the plastic trim panel above that is fitted to the rear hatch and I can see drips of water at both ends of the plastic where this panel then meets the vertical inner panels on the rear hatch. Am I correct in thinking it's due to a dodgy rear hatch rubber seal? Not sure if this is a common fault on the 145 once they reach a certain vintage? It doesn't look visibly perished or damaged but I know leaks aren't always obvious. I did notice an invoice from 2 or 3 year ago with a note to 'check rear hatch leak' so I'm assuming they've stuck some silicone in it or similar to try and fix. If it is the seal are they available to buy still and if yes, where?
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
VROOM
post 15th September 2020 20:25
Post #2 | Print

1.4 16v

Group: Regular
Member No.: 13,153
Driving: BRERA, GIULIETTA, 145QV

QUOTE(rossoscozia @ 15th September 2020 13:25) *
Hi All, posting my first query here after picking up my 145 last month. I have noticed that after it rains I get a large puddle of water lying on the back parcel shelf. It is coming from the plastic trim panel above that is fitted to the rear hatch and I can see drips of water at both ends of the plastic where this panel then meets the vertical inner panels on the rear hatch. Am I correct in thinking it's due to a dodgy rear hatch rubber seal? Not sure if this is a common fault on the 145 once they reach a certain vintage? It doesn't look visibly perished or damaged but I know leaks aren't always obvious. I did notice an invoice from 2 or 3 year ago with a note to 'check rear hatch leak' so I'm assuming they've stuck some silicone in it or similar to try and fix. If it is the seal are they available to buy still and if yes, where?

It could be that the hatch isn't aligned properly especially as your other post mentions the catch not engaging. Could be why it's not sealing against the rubber as I don't believe perished seals are common.

View Vehicles
+Quote Post
rossoscozia
post 15th September 2020 21:02
Post #3 | Print

1.3 8v

Thanks. I'll take a look at the alignment but the hatch looks okay from the outside with the shutlines, gaps, etc.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
JeremyG
post 16th September 2020 13:24
Post #4 | Print

1.6 8v

Group: Regular
Member No.: 12,797
Driving: 166 3.0 Sportronic, 147 Ti, GTV 3.0

Here are the parts for the tailgate, from ePer:

Attached Image

Might be worth removing the trim panels from the tailgate to check exactly where the leak is occurring - eg, could the window seal be leaking?

A quick search online located this example, if it's the tailgate seal:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-145-PROFILA...EoAAOSw1EZdpVzd

View Vehicles
+Quote Post
rossoscozia
post 16th September 2020 16:08
Post #5 | Print

1.3 8v

Thanks for that, much appreciated. I'm going to try and get time to take a look this weekend hopefully. As you suggest probably best to strip it back and get the hose on it . I have misled a little with my description as it is the fixed plastic roof panel that is on the underside of the roof where it meets the headlining that is dripping, not the panel on the actual hatch.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18 Sep 2020 16:09