dante giacosa
post 18th December 2018 16:58
Post #21 | Print

1.6 8v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 24th March 2019 00:32
Member No.: 13,068
Driving: 146 CF2 1.8 T-spark

oil-pressure; is that the one on the rear of the block above and to the right of the starter-motor?

How come you've got a buzzer under your seat???
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
BudgetBoxer
post 29th December 2018 13:45
Post #22 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Member No.: 13,528
Driving: Alfa 145 1.6 Boxer

QUOTE(dante giacosa @ 18th December 2018 16:58) *
oil-pressure; is that the one on the rear of the block above and to the right of the starter-motor?

How come you've got a buzzer under your seat???

Haven't gotten to the oil pressure sensor yet over christmas. The buzzer is the one I've got to find that sounds whenever the indicators are on!

Get one job done and another two appear

Sunroof seal and headlining are done!
Drivers door seal replaced (but not tested yet)
Boxer badge fitted to bootlid

Attached Image

Needs a good scrub

Noticed one of the reflectors in the bootlid has been screwed in to place so ordered a replacement
New alternator belt is squealing!

Biggest annoyance right now is a battery drain.. the new radio remains backlit even when off and it's draining the battery, so I need to find an ignition switched live source and run it to the radio as Alfa decided in their wisdom not to bother with one
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
BudgetBoxer
post 20th January 2019 21:36
Post #23 | Print

1.3 8v

QUOTE(BudgetBoxer @ 29th December 2018 13:45) *
Haven't gotten to the oil pressure sensor yet over christmas. The buzzer is the one I've got to find that sounds whenever the indicators are on!

Get one job done and another two appear

Sunroof seal and headlining are done!
Drivers door seal replaced (but not tested yet)
Boxer badge fitted to bootlid

Attached Image

Needs a good scrub

Noticed one of the reflectors in the bootlid has been screwed in to place so ordered a replacement
New alternator belt is squealing!

Biggest annoyance right now is a battery drain.. the new radio remains backlit even when off and it's draining the battery, so I need to find an ignition switched live source and run it to the radio as Alfa decided in their wisdom not to bother with one

Might as well keep this up to date!

New sunroof seals are holding up!
Resolved the battery drain by adding an ignition switched live to the radio.
New door seal seems to be holding up so another one ordered for the n/s
Alternator belt retensioned

Had a spare one of the centre console bits where the cigarette lighter is with a central locking button on so took mine out (just has a blanking plate) in the hope there would just be a connector there I could hook up, but no such joy.

New job that emerged amongst these... both n/s speakers are crackling / very quiet. I thought I must have not done the wiring joins well enough so pulled the one in the door, but the wiring is fine. Problem existed with the old radio too so there must be a bit of dodgy wiring somewhere between the radio and the n/s speakers. That'll be fun to track down..

Haven't got into finding the indicator buzzers of doom yet.

New mats ordered as well as the 25 year old originals are a bit tired
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
dante giacosa
post 21st January 2019 09:27
Post #24 | Print

1.6 8v

Group: Regular
Member No.: 13,068
Driving: 146 CF2 1.8 T-spark

hey Budget-

this all sounds great; How do you mean? -the centre console ashtray and door-check module should be on connectors; it's on three for me I think.

You should find the rear of the unit is connectorised; can you post a picture of it..? Maybe your spare one. The whole unit comes out as one; behind the ashtray there are two screws and then you get the ashtray, faglighter, clock, hazard switch fog-light switch, (boot release button) and door-check module. All as one.

The crackling speakers isn't likely to be the speakers- there's very little to the system. Remove your radio and get an AA battery and use paperclips to poke into the DIN ISO connector from the stereo (stereo removed)- you should get a gentle 'pop' from each driver. The pairing is identified through colours- if you can't work it out; I'll attach the workshop manual page.
In each door; the incoming 2-core is split to feed the HF driver (tweeter) up at the mirror; but that's it; there's very little to go wrong...
There's no crossover or anything.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
BudgetBoxer
post 24th February 2019 16:47
Post #25 | Print

1.3 8v

QUOTE(dante giacosa @ 21st January 2019 09:27) *
hey Budget-

this all sounds great; How do you mean? -the centre console ashtray and door-check module should be on connectors; it's on three for me I think.

Connector is absolutely MIA - not my car but if you imagine this - in place of the overhead view of the car and release button, I have a blanking plate. Removing that section there's only connectors behind for the clock and the hazards, and fog light - nothing else.

QUOTE(dante giacosa)
In each door; the incoming 2-core is split to feed the HF driver (tweeter) up at the mirror; but that's it; there's very little to go wrong...
There's no crossover or anything.

That's a good clue, I haven't found that split to the tweeters yet but the tweeters on both sides had been destroyed by water ingress.. I wonder if water has run down the wire.

Next post for the latest issue!

And the latest issue.. passenger door lock not working. It's always been hard to move, but now it just flat out won't. It felt like the key wouldn't turn fully, and that the internal switch wasn't getting full travel.

Took off the door card and the rod is just not wanting to move. It doesn't look damaged / bent (although the internal door handle rod has clearly been rubbing against the door metalwork).

Can't see why the mechanism won't move freely - trying to move it by hand is also restricted, so I'm going to have to remove the lock mechanism from the door and have a look at it on the bench.

Any tricks to disconnecting the rods? the workshop manual just says 'disconnect the rods'... hopefully it will be obvious when I try it.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24 Mar 2019 00:32