IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nurburgring Trip, 2011., You should go.
930Tech
post 3rd January 2011 11:42
Post #1 | Print

1.8 16v

Group: Banned Member
Local Time: 19th October 2018 23:41
Member No.: 2,328
Driving: 145 1.8

I've just sat and read through an old thread of 15/16 pages from 5 years ago when the members on here were organising a trip to the ring.

I think it's about time you lot made arangements to get there in 2011.

So how about it?

Perhaps we could go early oct to give you time to come up with excuses for not going, if you are still up for it the dutch 145 club normally go around this time so might be a great opportunity to go enmass and invade the ring so they dont know whats hit them.

The dutch club normally take over an whole hotel so we might need to get another hotel unless we can book with them.

I know of an hotel we can use but it's not near were they all stay, anyway thats for later, first we need interested parties.

So who's up for it?

I can cost you some items.

Ferry from calias to dunkirk can be had for about 18 each way booking early and going in the early hours, about 40 each way in busier early morning times. if you book early these costs are allready paid for so not an expense the same week as your at the ring.

Petrol is around the same price as here, the ferry to the ring is around 270/280 miles one way.

Laps are around (IIRC) 23euros but less the more you buy.

Hotel, i can get this for around 25 euros a night for two sharing (includes b'fast), 40 euros for a single but the hotel i use does not have loads of single rooms.

Food is not stupidly expensive but i can recomend a meal in the pistenklause for steak on the stone and with a drink you'd be looking at about 30 euros.

It's about time some of you went out there.
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
NaanBread
post 3rd January 2011 11:53
Post #2 | Print

1.8 16v

Group: Veteran
Local Time: 20th October 2018 00:41
Member No.: 4,404
Driving: 145 Cloverleaf 1999 - Mercedes Benz Vito 110

if work goes well in the next couple of months, then Im up for this! But I do want the car at least half complete before I start to make plans for racing around a track...I dont want to get there and find my wishbone falling off laugh.gif

--------------------
'You know you're a true petrol head when you've had to buy parts for your Alfa'
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
kirk46
post 3rd January 2011 11:59
Post #3 | Print

1.7 16v

Member No.: 4,885
Driving: 98 146 junior, 03 147 GTA

i very much doubt ill be able to afford a ring trip even if i started saving now laugh.gif
i dont even have a passport laugh.gif

--------------------
R.I.P 146 :(

QUOTE(groovylee @ 13th August 2011 08:41) *
(easy naan, the other type of helmet :lol:)

View Vehicles
+Quote Post
cesar86
post 3rd January 2011 12:05
Post #4 | Print

1.6 8v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 19th October 2018 21:41
Member No.: 5,465
Driving: Alfa Romeo 145 QV

Last year i started looking for information about a trip to the Ring! Really want to do it soon!

Unfortunately i cant go with my 145, but that's not really a problem wink.gif

What are the possible dates for the trip?

Naan, we are talking about the Nordschleife here, you should worry more about staying on the road laugh.gif

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
buellboy
post 3rd January 2011 13:59
Post #5 | Print

1.7 16v

Member No.: 3,211
Driving: '96 145 QV (alfie) featured in C&S mag, '99 GTV 3.0 V6 Six speed Aereo (bussolina)

Wayne, as discussed before, I'd love to do a ring trip! October sounds good, enough time for me to save up! Why don't we also hit zandevoort as it's on the way?

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
NaanBread
post 3rd January 2011 14:03
Post #6 | Print

1.8 16v

QUOTE(cesar86 @ 3rd January 2011 12:05) *
Naan, we are talking about the Nordschleife here, you should worry more about staying on the road laugh.gif

yeah but i can only stay on the road if the car is upto scratch laugh.gif I dont want to hammer it and then find it knocking...not that it does now very much but i do need whatever it is fixing before i do something like this.

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
jlgrosvenor
post 3rd January 2011 15:30
Post #7 | Print

1.6 8v

Member No.: 1,661
Driving: 145 Cloverleaf, Mercedes C320 Coupe & Volvo 440 - RIP :(

I would be interested in this.
Obviously there is the insurance question i.e. it's a public road so my insurance company should cover, but if faced with a bill they might want to challenge this.

E500TAT, it sounds like you have been before. It would be useful for us first-time ringers (oops, that sounds bad mellow.gif ) if there was a bit of guidance on things we need to sort out in advance.
Any suggestions? What about specifically renting a car for the Ring when there? I think that you can get the new VW Scirroco with all insurance included. Not really in the spirit of the 145 Forum, but might make things easier for some.

As a start, I know that buying your own helmet is considered very sensible for a few 10's of pounds.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
NaanBread
post 3rd January 2011 16:27
Post #8 | Print

1.8 16v

you dont need a helmet dont be silly! If your going to die, do it in style wacko.gif

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
930Tech
post 3rd January 2011 17:53
Post #9 | Print

1.8 16v

QUOTE(jlgrosvenor @ 3rd January 2011 15:30) *
I would be interested in this.
Obviously there is the insurance question i.e. it's a public road so my insurance company should cover, but if faced with a bill they might want to challenge this.

E500TAT, it sounds like you have been before. It would be useful for us first-time ringers (oops, that sounds bad mellow.gif ) if there was a bit of guidance on things we need to sort out in advance.
Any suggestions? What about specifically renting a car for the Ring when there? I think that you can get the new VW Scirroco with all insurance included. Not really in the spirit of the 145 Forum, but might make things easier for some.

As a start, I know that buying your own helmet is considered very sensible for a few 10's of pounds.

Renting a car whilst over there is a good idea but it is not cheap, i say this but with it being from a proper ring rental company you are assured of being covered properly and not have to worry about the possibilities of being with a UK insurance company.

Not that everyone going over from the UK wont be properly covered, it's still a little grey area insurance wise.

Lets just say this from the off though, IT IS NOT A TRACK DAY!!, Lets not make out that it is/would be, it is a toll road that is also used as a race track, most of you will be fine.

You can try not pressing the accelerator pedal all the way down if you want to, it's just that you are allowed to go as fast as you want or dare, you have to be sensible for these things.

Yes your car needs to be in a good mechanical condition, the trip could put 1500 miles on the car so setting off with worn pads/discs or even tyres is not a good start, putting new arms on now, if they are good quality ones they should still be a good condition this time next year, even after a trip to the ring, you just need to keep on top of things.

Gio, i'm not sure if there will be anything on at zandevort that time of the year but it'd be a bit out of the way to do both unles you got the boat into holland to start with.

If you went on say a thursday night, Spa is on the way and you can pass right by the place so there might be something on there to watch on the friday.

We should see what dates the dutch club are going to get to but in previous years it's been the first week in october if anyone wants to start planning ahead.

This post has been edited by E500 TAT: 4th January 2011 00:44
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
930Tech
post 3rd January 2011 17:56
Post #10 | Print

1.8 16v

I'll get you a couple of links to ring rental companies if you are serious. i know one lad who is just starting out on his own over there after working for one of the bigger companies for a number of years.

Sorry yes, i have been there a few times, 9 times in my own 145.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
930Tech
post 3rd January 2011 18:01
Post #11 | Print

1.8 16v

Sorry for adding to my post count but just remembered, a couple of rental companies over there rent out right hand drive cars to make things easier for you, so you can concentrate on the track and surroundings.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
groovylee
post 3rd January 2011 18:41
Post #12 | Print

1.4 16v

Member No.: 5,468
Driving: Alfa Romeo GTV 2.0 Twinspark and 145 1.6 Twinspark

i might be interested in this, but i will need to squirrel cash on the quiet as the wife would kill me if she knew ohmy.gif i might be going on a isle of man trip this year too, my squirrel hidey hole is going to need to be very full pappap.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Smallville
post 3rd January 2011 19:42
Post #13 | Print

1.6 16v

Member No.: 5,655
Driving: Alfa 147GTA & Alfa 155

I would deffo be up for this, providing I can save enough spare cash while doing all the bits to the 145QV to make her ready for this smile.gif

E500 TAT, I see you have been there just a few times wink.gif so could you provide a list of bits and bobs to take and to sort for us noobs who would be willing to do a ring trip as I would not have a clue where to start, apart from the insurance but that should be simple enough smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smallville: 3rd January 2011 19:46
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
930Tech
post 3rd January 2011 20:33
Post #14 | Print

1.8 16v

If it's bits you NEED to take, like for the laws then yes.

Each country is slightly different in some laws but to be safe you need.

A warning triangle.
A spare set of bulbs.
A GB sticker, either on the car or on your number plates.
A first aid kit, preferably new or sealed.
An hi vis jacket for each person in the car

The other thing is a fire extinguiser but i don't think this is needed but recomended.

Lastly you need a way of converting the beam on your lights, i have a set of Alfa headlight protectors with tape permaently on so you can copy the position of this with some black insulation tape.

Most insurance policies allow for 90 days cover in europe at no extra cost and a phone call before you set off is all that is needed, when they ask were you are going, tell them, France, Belgium and germany. thats enough.

A passport, valid one at that, check now when ity runs out, not last off.

You should also take with you your car documents, Log book, MOT certificate and insurance and of course your licence, both parts. you are european (i'd imagine) but these will only be needed to get out of and back into this country.

For piece of mind you should take out european breakdown cover, if you are in the AA/RAC this can be had for about 50 for a 5/6 day trip, again this can be purchased before you go, months in advance if you like so it is not something you have to shell out for the same week as you are out there, again saving.

Don't get me wrong, it'll probably cost you a good 5/600 for a week out there but if your a petrolhead it'll be money well spent, you'll be out there with like minded enthusiasts all looking to have a good laugh and a good time.

Prostitution is legal there too roflmao.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
930Tech
post 3rd January 2011 20:41
Post #15 | Print

1.8 16v

Just had a look on norfolkline for ferry prices, if you were to book now for next october (just trying a date) going out on the friday morning 23 and coming back on the following tuesday 19 plus a 12 fuel surcharge.

Cost 54.

Lets say you booked that before end of febuary, you'd have forgotten about that cost come october whistle.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
NaanBread
post 3rd January 2011 20:54
Post #16 | Print

1.8 16v

QUOTE(E500 TAT @ 3rd January 2011 20:33) *

Im coming!!! thumbup.gif

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Smallville
post 3rd January 2011 20:57
Post #17 | Print

1.6 16v

Member No.: 5,655
Driving: Alfa 147GTA & Alfa 155

QUOTE(E500 TAT @ 3rd January 2011 20:33) *
If it's bits you NEED to take, like for the laws then yes.

Each country is slightly different in some laws but to be safe you need.

A warning triangle.
A spare set of bulbs.
A GB sticker, either on the car or on your number plates.
A first aid kit, preferably new or sealed.
An hi vis jacket for each person in the car

The other thing is a fire extinguiser but i don't think this is needed but recomended.

Lastly you need a way of converting the beam on your lights, i have a set of Alfa headlight protectors with tape permaently on so you can copy the position of this with some black insulation tape.

Most insurance policies allow for 90 days cover in europe at no extra cost and a phone call before you set off is all that is needed, when they ask were you are going, tell them, France, Belgium and germany. thats enough.

A passport, valid one at that, check now when ity runs out, not last off.

You should also take with you your car documents, Log book, MOT certificate and insurance and of course your licence, both parts. you are european (i'd imagine) but these will only be needed to get out of and back into this country.

For piece of mind you should take out european breakdown cover, if you are in the AA/RAC this can be had for about 50 for a 5/6 day trip, again this can be purchased before you go, months in advance if you like so it is not something you have to shell out for the same week as you are out there, again saving.

Don't get me wrong, it'll probably cost you a good 5/600 for a week out there but if your a petrolhead it'll be money well spent, you'll be out there with like minded enthusiasts all looking to have a good laugh and a good time.

That's a perfect post fella smile.gif

I'll go off and make sure I can afford it I think, but it's looking hopeful that's for sure!!
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
cloverboy145
post 3rd January 2011 21:13
Post #18 | Print

1.4 16v

Member No.: 4,192
Driving: Alfa Romeo 145 cloverleaf

Squirrel Holing, Ring Rental, and Prostitution?

Sounds like the perfect weekend!!! wink.gif wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"THE CLUE FOR ANYONE WHO'S JUST BEEN OVERTAKEN BY AN ALFA ROMEO 145 IS THE INNOCENT LOOKING FOUR LEAF CLOVER BADGE MOUNTED ON THE TAILGATE AND SILLS..."
(GRAN TOURISMO 2, PS2) www.f1simulator.yolasite.com
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
dellsbells
post 4th January 2011 17:15
Post #19 | Print

1.6 16v

Member No.: 466
Driving: alfa 145 cloverleaf

lol
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
fer145
post 5th January 2011 23:02
Post #20 | Print

1.4 16v

Local Time: 20th October 2018 02:41
Member No.: 2,906
Driving: 145QV Zender Nero / 147GTA Rosso

Im interesed, maybe this year travel to the ring, but with a rent-car race. Is some hard and expensive go to fron Tenerife with my 145. unsure.gif

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19 Oct 2018 23:41