Printable Version of Topic

Click here to view this topic in its original format

Alfa Romeo 145 - 146 Forum _ You & Your Car _ Lancer's 1995 145 1.7 Boxer

Posted by: lancer778544 7th July 2019 18:07

Another productive weekend. The polyurethane bushes from Bulgaria arrived and were pressed in. The subframe was given another coat of Hammerite and looks much more presentable now:



The trailing arms were also refurbished with new bearings and such. One has been replaced before but was done again anyway as they'd got one of the pieces in the wrong way round and just stuck the seal in the end. The other side appeared to be original and was well overdue replacement:







We have also made a start on the sill repair. The repair section from Taros Trade is a great fit and underneath the previously repaired section looks bad, but is still very solid. The inner sill will be suitably rustproofed before the repair section goes back on. You can also see some of the other repair work that was done before we got the car:







The injectors have also been sent off to be tested and one was found to be too badly gone to repair. I stupidly didn't number them on removal so it may have been the injector on the cylinder that had the damaged piston but I guess I'll never know now. Oh well. I've also got some polyurethane ARB bushes that I should have fitted when I did the front end work to go on along with a NOS genuine Alfa AFM and some new HT leads and coil.

Hoping to get it ready for another MOT by the end of July but we'll see how we get on with the welding.

Powered by Invision Power Board (http://www.invisionboard.com)
© Invision Power Services (http://www.invisionpower.com)