IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Brakes: Front Disc And Pad Replacement (1)
DIYJan
post 12th December 2012 11:27
Post #21 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 26th September 2017 13:49
Member No.: 5,092
Driving: Alfa Romeo 146 1.8TS

So, I finally had the discs and pads replaced today - didn't do it myself, went to a mechanic, but he at least didn't mind me watching over his shoulder biggrin.gif
Can confirm that the pads were of the right kind and everything fitted together (whew laugh.gif ). He also changed the brake fluid while he was at the job, which I was planning on having done anyway. He didn't even need any tool to push the pistons back, just used the screwdriver as a lever while the old brakes were still on.
One problem did occur: after fitting everything together, we found that the brake calipers would now quite strongly rub against the balancing weights on both wheels (so much that one of the wheels couldn't even be rotated by hand), so both wheels had to be re-balanced. Aside from this everything went well, and I'm really happy to have brakes finally sorted (for now laugh.gif)
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Ganz
post 6th April 2014 00:27
Post #22 | Print

1.6 8v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 26th September 2017 13:49
Member No.: 10,640
Driving: 145 Cloverleaf 2.0L ts

QUOTE(DIYJan @ 12th December 2012 12:27) *
So, I finally had the discs and pads replaced today - didn't do it myself, went to a mechanic, but he at least didn't mind me watching over his shoulder biggrin.gif
Can confirm that the pads were of the right kind and everything fitted together (whew laugh.gif ). He also changed the brake fluid while he was at the job, which I was planning on having done anyway. He didn't even need any tool to push the pistons back, just used the screwdriver as a lever while the old brakes were still on.
One problem did occur: after fitting everything together, we found that the brake calipers would now quite strongly rub against the balancing weights on both wheels (so much that one of the wheels couldn't even be rotated by hand), so both wheels had to be re-balanced. Aside from this everything went well, and I'm really happy to have brakes finally sorted (for now laugh.gif )

Love it.. DIYJan laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Ganz: 6th April 2014 00:28

--------------------
G A N Z 145

Instagram
ganz145_alfa
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 Sep 2017 12:49