IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alarm / Central Locking: Programming Remote Controls Into The Remote Receiver, For both Infrared (IR) and Radio Frequency (RF) systems
benettim
post 10th September 2017 16:27
Post #81 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Local Time: 21st November 2017 21:21
Member No.: 13,231
Driving: Lancia Thema

Hello Giallo,
i'm write from Italy. I have Lancia Thema. I buy this car used and no have code. i Found a new remote with 4 code numbers from a dealer and i buy it. I read the thread and i understand that i have to verginize my remote reciever in to the car. Can you guide me or explain me to do this? Thanks a lot.
Greetings from italy, Sorry for my english.
rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by benettim: 10th September 2017 16:28
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Silveira
post 13th October 2017 16:02
Post #82 | Print

1.3 8v

Local Time: 21st November 2017 20:21
Member No.: 13,265
Driving: Lancia delta HPE HF Turbo 16v

Hi Giallo.

I've recently bought a Lancia Delta HPE HF Turbo (year 1998) and my central locking don't work. The remote flashes the red light but nothing happens. I don't have the any code and have only one remote, integrated in the key. Can you help me to figure out what to do?
I dont know if matters, but the car has a factory installed metasystem alarm that seems to be disabled.

Thanks in advance,
Silveira
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
dante giacosa
post 14th October 2017 17:16
Post #83 | Print

1.4 16v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 21st November 2017 19:21
Member No.: 13,068
Driving: 146 CF2 1.8 T-spark

Hello Silveira.

There is a guy here in the UK, in London who runs Abacus alarms, who might be able to help.

I had a similar problem with my FIAT Coupé, and was able to remove the META system and send it to him. It came back with two key fobs coded to the unit. I plugged it back into the car- and it worked!

Might be worth an email...

http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk

This post has been edited by dante giacosa: 14th October 2017 17:17
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
GialloEvo94
post 14th October 2017 19:33
Post #84 | Print

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Member No.: 954
Driving: Alfa 145 QV, Lancia Delta Integrale Evo, SEAT Leon Mk2 FR+ TDI DSG

QUOTE(Silveira @ 13th October 2017 17:02) *
I've recently bought a Lancia Delta HPE HF Turbo (year 1998) and my central locking don't work. The remote flashes the red light but nothing happens. I don't have the any code and have only one remote, integrated in the key. Can you help me to figure out what to do?
I dont know if matters, but the car has a factory installed metasystem alarm that seems to be disabled.

Are you sure it's a Meta system? The systems with the remote integrated into the key are usually TRW systems and not Meta ones. If you are able to post some pictures of the key along with both sides of the circuit board inside it, plus a picture of your remote receiver unit then that should confirm what type you have. I can't do anything with the Meta systems but I can sort out most of the TRW systems.

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Silveira
post 15th October 2017 22:49
Post #85 | Print

1.3 8v

QUOTE(GialloEvo94 @ 14th October 2017 20:33) *
Are you sure it's a Meta system? The systems with the remote integrated into the key are usually TRW systems and not Meta ones. If you are able to post some pictures of the key along with both sides of the circuit board inside it, plus a picture of your remote receiver unit then that should confirm what type you have. I can't do anything with the Meta systems but I can sort out most of the TRW systems.

Yes i'm afraid the alarm is a Meta. Here are the pics of the key and the circuit board:

Here's a picture of the alarm model:

Hope these pictures helps to clarify you Giallo.

Thanks,
Silveira

QUOTE(dante giacosa @ 14th October 2017 18:16) *
Hello Silveira.

There is a guy here in the UK, in London who runs Abacus alarms, who might be able to help.

I had a similar problem with my FIAT Coupé, and was able to remove the META system and send it to him. It came back with two key fobs coded to the unit. I plugged it back into the car- and it worked!

Might be worth an email...

http://www.abacuscaralarms.co.uk

Thanks for the tip Dante! wink.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
GialloEvo94
post 15th October 2017 23:09
Post #86 | Print

Forum Administrator

QUOTE(Silveira @ 15th October 2017 23:49) *
Yes i'm afraid the alarm is a Meta. Here are the pics of the key and the circuit board:

That circuit in the key definitely looks like a TRW one. I'm not quite sure why you would have a Meta alarm siren if your car is equipped with a TRW RF system. I think a bit more digging is needed.

Can you please take a picture of the rear interior light unit and post it up.

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
shpuncik
post 16th October 2017 10:16
Post #87 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Member No.: 12,980
Driving: 145 1.6 Boxer; 145 1.9JTD Edizione Sportiva

I think Silveira has factory fitted central locking + on top of that factory fitted Meta alarm system which is connected to central locking.

Same as late ph2 145 with red key with side button had also alarm in trunk which was connected to central locking and was armed with same key without separate fob as on early models.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
GialloEvo94
post 16th October 2017 15:45
Post #88 | Print

Forum Administrator

QUOTE(shpuncik @ 16th October 2017 11:16) *
I think Silveira has factory fitted central locking + on top of that factory fitted Meta alarm system which is connected to central locking.

Same as late ph2 145 with red key with side button had also alarm in trunk which was connected to central locking and was armed with same key without separate fob as on early models.

On the late phase 1 and the phase 2 145's, the alarm unit in the trunk is a TRW manufactured one, the same manufacturer as the circuit in the remote key and also the circuit in the remote receiver. The arming/disarming of the TRW alarm unit isn't just by way of a simple on/off command sent from the TRW remote receiver. The remote receiver actually controls the alarm unit using serial data communication which consists of coded data bytes sent down a single wire. This coded data includes a "pairing" code that the remote receiver and alarm both know, and it is this that pairs the two units together. If you try and connect a TRW alarm unit to TRW remote receiver that it hasn't already been paired with, then it won't work.

I can't see a TRW remote key and a TRW remote receiver playing well with a Meta alarm siren which I doubt knows anything about the proprietary TRW serial communication coded data, thus my suspicion that there may well be a mixture of kit in Silveira's car. Unfortunately I can't find a wiring diagram for the 836 Delta so it's difficult to know for sure. A picture of the rear interior light will hopefully reveal if it is one of the types that contain a TRW remote receiver circuit.

Most of the 916 Spiders and GTV's that were sold in the UK had a M99T Meta alarm system fitted instead of the usual Alfa factory fitted TRW kit, but this was a complete Meta system with a separate Meta fob to control the alarm and central locking. There was no remote integrated into the keys of these cars.

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Silveira
post 16th October 2017 21:35
Post #89 | Print

1.3 8v

I will dismantle the interior light to take a picture, thanks for your help.
Also next weekend I am going to dismantle the dashboard lower part, to realize whats going on in terms of wiring and stuff.
Another thing that surprises me is that the Lancia Code has been disabled also. I have the stickers on the doors windows, but the light never came on when I turn the ignition on.
Maybe the lancia code "deactivation" interfered with "the central locking/alarm mix not working" that I have?
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Antonio
post 17th October 2017 19:40
Post #90 | Print

1.3 8v

Local Time: 21st November 2017 22:21
Member No.: 12,458
Driving: 146 Boxer 16v, 146 Ti Fl, 145 Qv Fl

QUOTE(GialloEvo94 @ 16th October 2017 17:45) *
On the late phase 1 and the phase 2 145's, the alarm unit in the trunk is a TRW manufactured one, the same manufacturer as the circuit in the remote key and also the circuit in the remote receiver. The arming/disarming of the TRW alarm unit isn't just by way of a simple on/off command sent from the TRW remote receiver. The remote receiver actually controls the alarm unit using serial data communication which consists of coded data bytes sent down a single wire. This coded data includes a "pairing" code that the remote receiver and alarm both know, and it is this that pairs the two units together. If you try and connect a TRW alarm unit to TRW remote receiver that it hasn't already been paired with, then it won't work.

I can't see a TRW remote key and a TRW remote receiver playing well with a Meta alarm siren which I doubt knows anything about the proprietary TRW serial communication coded data, thus my suspicion that there may well be a mixture of kit in Silveira's car. Unfortunately I can't find a wiring diagram for the 836 Delta so it's difficult to know for sure. A picture of the rear interior light will hopefully reveal if it is one of the types that contain a TRW remote receiver circuit.

Most of the 916 Spiders and GTV's that were sold in the UK had a M99T Meta alarm system fitted instead of the usual Alfa factory fitted TRW kit, but this was a complete Meta system with a separate Meta fob to control the alarm and central locking. There was no remote integrated into the keys of these cars.

Just like the Metasystem fitted to my Fiat Bravo, it has separates fobs for alarm and central locking...maybe is only that last owner of Silveira's Delta lost the alarm Fob...he also needs the key to enable/disable the alarm, right?

QUOTE(Silveira @ 16th October 2017 23:35) *
I will dismantle the interior light to take a picture, thanks for your help.
Also next weekend I am going to dismantle the dashboard lower part, to realize whats going on in terms of wiring and stuff.
Another thing that surprises me is that the Lancia Code has been disabled also. I have the stickers on the doors windows, but the light never came on when I turn the ignition on.
Maybe the lancia code "deactivation" interfered with "the central locking/alarm mix not working" that I have?

I don't know a lot about those Weber/Marelli Ecus, but maybe it has an eprom with disabled CODE...I don't think alarm interferes with Antitheft device.

This post has been edited by Antonio: 17th October 2017 19:44
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
shpuncik
post 20th October 2017 19:36
Post #91 | Print

1.3 8v

I believe, Giallo, you know more on this topic.

Having thoughts about retrofiting it into my daily JTD from the one I'm breaking (also JTD), I've looked into wiring some time ago - it looks that on JTD they used CODE (immobilizer) system and alarm system was just connected to central locking module as extra burglar alarm. On petrol cars if I remember correct alarm was also connected to engine.
However I won't expand on topic as I haven't looked into it thoroughly.

...and currently I have more important thing on my hands. I need to put my key back together as leaving 200 quid for a new key at stealer I think is rather steep laugh.gif

Attached File  key_emozione.jpg ( 143.21k ) Number of downloads: 4

This post has been edited by shpuncik: 20th October 2017 19:43
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
dante giacosa
post 21st October 2017 08:47
Post #92 | Print

1.4 16v

Group: Regular
Member No.: 13,068
Driving: 146 CF2 1.8 T-spark

The engine immobiliser is a separate thing.

It's a relationship between the key and ECU- there is no tie in to the alarm...
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
shpuncik
post 21st October 2017 15:23
Post #93 | Print

1.3 8v

QUOTE(dante giacosa @ 21st October 2017 09:47) *
The engine immobiliser is a separate thing.

It's a relationship between the key and ECU- there is no tie in to the alarm...

indeed it is, however there were versions without CODE where engine immobilization was carried out by alarm system. at least what it says in manual on Antitheft/Alarm
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Wilco164
post 2nd November 2017 19:36
Post #94 | Print

1.3 8v

Member No.: 13,273
Driving: Alfa Romeo 164

Hi,
Just wondering if there is a way to virginise it myself ? or do i need special programming tools ?
The thing is, my old receiver (164 same system as 145) decided to die.. looks like a break in the circuit somewhere as it decides to work sometimes. now i'm ordering a new receiver.. but probably without the code.
I have 2 keys with keycodes, that worked on the old receiver.
Now, does the chip die often on these systems ? as i manage to desolder it and solder it on a new board.. or is this a bad idea ?
or is it the best to send the new one including keys to you ?
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Viva916-Martin
post 10th November 2017 10:25
Post #95 | Print

1.3 8v

Member No.: 13,160
Driving: Alfa GTV 3.0 24V, Alfa 156 SW GTA

Ciao!

As i undersood, if you buy a (factory-) new receiver IT IS in a VIRGIN STATE and you can programm every Sender to it... it just remembers the last 4 senders and locks the memory after 256 activations... or you lock it manually with the codes from one of the senders. This procedures are described in the workshop manuals.

For sure... if you buy a used receiver it will be locked at 99,9999 percent und you have to virginise it before you can programm new senders to it.

Tanti Saluti, Martin.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21 Nov 2017 19:21