IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alarm: Changing The Country Setting, i.e. to prevent your alarm auto-arming itself
RustyUK
post 21st April 2007 13:53
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Local Time: 21st November 2017 20:20
Member No.: 2,402
Driving: Alfa 146

Is there any way to make my 1998 146 1.8TS stop auto-arming the alarm? I was cleaning the car out as I just got it and sat in it with the key in the ignition but switched off. After about 30 seconds the alarm self armed, then when I moved, it went off. This is my first Alfa and this is pi**ing me off so much.

Any help will be appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
GialloEvo94
post 22nd April 2007 12:32
Post #2 | Print

Forum Administrator

Group: Admin
Local Time: 21st November 2017 19:20
Member No.: 954
Driving: Alfa 145 QV, Lancia Delta Integrale Evo, SEAT Leon Mk2 FR+ TDI DSG

If your alarm system is set for a country where the car alarm is required to auto-arm itself then this will be the reason your alarm is auto-arming itself. You can change the country code of the alarm using the following procedure. If you set it to "United Kingdom" then the alarm will not auto-arm itself...
  • Open the bonnet
  • Turn ignition key from MAR to STOP
  • Within 15 seconds of this, the bonnet switch must be pressed 7 times in less than 10 seconds
  • 5 beeps will indicate entry into manual diagnosis mode. During these 5 beeps press the switch once again, a long beep will signify entry into country code programming mode. Keep the switch pressed throughout the duration of the long beep
  • Release the switch and then press it (within 10 seconds) the number of times to correspond to the country code required (see below). Each press will be acknowledged with a beep

1 - Italy
    2 - Germany
    3 - France
    4 - Switzerland
    5 - United Kingdom
    6 - Holland
    7 - USA
    8 - EEC
    9/10 - Others
Each country code has slight differences, some beep when armed, some don't, some have different alarm tones to others and some are louder.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21 Nov 2017 19:20