IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 1999 145 1.4 for sale, A few new bits on. Please have a look.
SPower
post 18th November 2018 22:11
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Local Time: 21st February 2019 15:44
Member No.: 6,471
Driving: 145 1.4 sport

Hi everyone,

Need to sell my 145. I've had it 11 years. This is my second ever car. I have only owned 3 cars i currently have two of the 145 and a 147. Just love it. But my current situation means I can only have one.

Details:
MOT fail
It won't take much to pass but I have run out of patience and cash.
I love driving it. The 1.4 engine is still a joy to use even with 140,000+ miles on it. Not fast, but they have a shorter ratio gearbox so feels plenty nippy, cheap to tax cheap on fuel and cheap to insure.
Two keys one is master.
A great introduction to Alfa ownership.

I am open to offers.
I can't break it for spares so needs to go as is.
I would like to see it go to someone here rather than scrap it.

(I posted last year to get rid. It didn't go. Took a gamble and put it back on the road.)
Spent a bit on it the last year an a half to get back driving

To get past last years mot
It has new discs and pads all round
Floor welded
Brake line on front.
New battery
Got on UK plates.

Fixed the heater temperature adjustment knob. Cable bracket had broken. Used metal clip. Wont break again.

This year it failed on head light beam too low, buckle in rear wheel and rear tyres damaged.
So got new rear tyres. Front tyres are only couple of months old, back tyres have done less than 10 miles.
Took a while to find somewhere to repair wheel. Eventually did so buckle in rear wheel repaired.
Missed retest. Had to re do full test. head light adjusters broke during adjustment, left side windscreen washer jet blocked and emissions fail.
Probably MAF and or lambda, the usual. I have fixed a headlight adjuster before not a big job. Haven't looked at the headlights this time but suspect the same thing.

Well there you have it.
Happy to answer any questions.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21 Feb 2019 15:44