post 24th August 2017 23:49
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Local Time: 23rd October 2017 05:20
Member No.: 6,471
Driving: 145 1.4 sport

Hi all,

Not what I wanted for my introduction to the forum but here we go.

It is time to call it a day with my 1.4 1999 145.
I have had it since 2007. It has been a reliable and enjoyable experience to own for 8 years. Then 2 months before the birth of my daughter it let me down. After 2 days of trying to diagnose the problem the imminent birth forced me to find a replacement. The day i brought home my 2008 147. I managed to get a laptop connected to the ecu reset a sensor fault and while it has been off the road since, I start it occasionally and it runs fine.

Now the big issue. It is currently is Sheffield. It is on Irish plates and off the road. It needs brake discs all round and some welding on the floor and number plate bulbs to pass mot. The lacquer is peeling on the bonnet and roof.

I no longer have the time space or money to keep it.

You guys have helped me out many many times and with your seemingly infinite knowledge of 145/146s kept it on the road for 8 great years.
Can you help me out one last time?

Does anyone want to try get it back on the road again. If possible I may even buy it back in a couple of years.

Steve.

Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Michaelc5086
post 25th August 2017 10:54
Post #2 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 23rd October 2017 05:20
Member No.: 12,697
Driving: Alfa 145 cloverleaf

QUOTE(SPower @ 25th August 2017 00:49) *
Hi all,

Not what I wanted for my introduction to the forum but here we go.

It is time to call it a day with my 1.4 1999 145.
I have had it since 2007. It has been a reliable and enjoyable experience to own for 8 years. Then 2 months before the birth of my daughter it let me down. After 2 days of trying to diagnose the problem the imminent birth forced me to find a replacement. The day i brought home my 2008 147. I managed to get a laptop connected to the ecu reset a sensor fault and while it has been off the road since, I start it occasionally and it runs fine.

Now the big issue. It is currently is Sheffield. It is on Irish plates and off the road. It needs brake discs all round and some welding on the floor and number plate bulbs to pass mot. The lacquer is peeling on the bonnet and roof.

I no longer have the time space or money to keep it.

You guys have helped me out many many times and with your seemingly infinite knowledge of 145/146s kept it on the road for 8 great years.
Can you help me out one last time?

Does anyone want to try get it back on the road again. If possible I may even buy it back in a couple of years.

Steve.

Hello

What colour is it and would you consider breaking g for parts. I need a wing :-).
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23 Oct 2017 04:20