STEVIE BOY
post 28th September 2018 08:44
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 15th December 2018 00:21
Member No.: 13,493
Driving: Alfa 146 ti

I've got historical milky oil sprayed up against the water tube running along front of engine, when I get under the car, I wonder if it came originally from the oil cooler, as one of the pipes is covered in grime and looks a bit bulgy. Are the pipes/tiny hoses carrying coolant or oil?

Anyone any experience with issues here?

This post has been edited by STEVIE BOY: 28th September 2018 08:45
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
145man
post 28th September 2018 09:33
Post #2 | Print

1.3 8v

Member No.: 7,459
Driving: 145QV & Alfasud TiQV

QUOTE(STEVIE BOY @ 28th September 2018 09:44) *
I've got historical milky oil sprayed up against the water tube running along front of engine, when I get under the car, I wonder if it came originally from the oil cooler, as one of the pipes is covered in grime and looks a bit bulgy. Are the pipes/tiny hoses carrying coolant or oil?

Anyone any experience with issues here?

Those pipes carry coolant to cool the oil, mine leaked due to a split pipe where the rubber hose clamps on. Had to buy a new oil cooler to solve the issue.
Yours looks like oil that could have weeped from the oil filter

QUOTE(145man @ 28th September 2018 10:29) *
Those pipes carry coolant to cool the oil, mine leaked due to a split pipe where the rubber hose clamps on. Had to buy a new oil cooler to solve the issue.

Sorry meant to say cam cover gasket, they tend to leak on the left hand side where the gasket goes over the two cam shafts.
The oil finds its way down from there, may be worth checking that corner of the cam cover for oil.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
STEVIE BOY
post 29th September 2018 09:31
Post #3 | Print

1.3 8v

Member No.: 13,493
Driving: Alfa 146 ti

QUOTE(145man @ 28th September 2018 10:33) *
Sorry meant to say cam cover gasket, they tend to leak on the left hand side where the gasket goes over the two cam shafts.
The oil finds its way down from there, may be worth checking that corner of the cam cover for oil.

Cheers, I will have a closer look for any gasket leak, there was nothing obvious, it looked to me that the oil was spraying upwards, but strange things happen. Ill give it all a clean , change hoses on the cooler, and see if it remains clean.
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15 Dec 2018 00:21