IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Alarm / Central Locking: Programming Remote Controls Into The Remote Receiver, For both Infrared (IR) and Radio Frequency (RF) systems
richgreenalfa...
post 29th November 2018 13:41
Post #101 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 22nd November 2019 07:36
Member No.: 11,916
Driving: 145 2.0 Blue QV

Hi GialloEvo94,

I hope you are well...

I'm desperate to send you my receiver and circuits for you to extract the 4-digit code please?

Are you still offering this service, I'll BACS or PayPal you if you let me know the amount please?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Rich
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
langers
post 30th November 2018 12:44
Post #102 | Print

Forum Moderator

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3,059
Driving: Audi A3 Sportback S-Line 1.4 TFSI COD

Hi Rich, you will be best off to private message him. He has been absent from the forum for a year now.

--------------------

'96 Purple 145 QV died from rust - '98 Blue Junior SOLD - '99 Red 145 QV 20VT SOLD - '97 145 QV Track Tart SOLD
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Maarten
post 1st February 2019 16:42
Post #103 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Local Time: 22nd November 2019 08:36
Member No.: 13,593
Driving: lancia delta hf turbo alfa 155 q4

hello giallo evo 94 I have written them a bp lancia delta hpe turbo alarm zv (which I do not get a programmed] all components are new, hope you can help me, how much euro that is no matter I'm about 1 year already working on the system to get back to work
Greetings Peter
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
richgreenalfa...
post 4th February 2019 14:56
Post #104 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Member No.: 11,916
Driving: 145 2.0 Blue QV

QUOTE(langers @ 30th November 2018 12:44) *
Hi Rich, you will be best off to private message him. He has been absent from the forum for a year now.

Thanks Langers, I have messaged him privately on here but not heard back sad.gif

I don't know how else to reach him?...

Be amazing to get my RCL working again somehow but don't know who else to turn to - any ideas would be appreciated?

BR
Rich
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Maarten
post 11th February 2019 18:58
Post #105 | Print

1.3 8v

Hello everyone, I've found an Alfa workshop here that will program everything [Super] should someone else be looking for or operating, I have infarot still lying [alfa / fiat / lancia]
1 welcomed with condition
3 terms with code
Greetings Peter

Attached File(s)
Attached File  __6.jpg ( 1.27k ) Number of downloads: 9

View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Maarten
post 11th February 2019 19:07
Post #106 | Print

1.3 8v

I still have to lie
1 receiver with infrared irl
3x irl with code

sorry for English

Peter
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Harryalfa
post 21st September 2019 09:37
Post #107 | Print

1.3 8v

Local Time: 22nd November 2019 09:36
Member No.: 13,758
Driving: Alfa 159 SW, Alfa Spider 916

QUOTE(Maarten @ 11th February 2019 20:58) *
Hello everyone, I've found an Alfa workshop here that will program everything [Super] should someone else be looking for or operating, I have infarot still lying [alfa / fiat / lancia]
1 welcomed with condition
3 terms with code
Greetings Peter

Hi Maarten,
I have a problem on my infrared alarm receiver.
I have a new remote but it should reprogram my receiver in factory configuration
You could tell me the address ?

Best regards
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Joćo Cordeiro
post 26th October 2019 00:16
Post #108 | Print

1.3 8v

Member No.: 13,779
Driving: Lancia Ypsilon 2001

QUOTE(GialloEvo94 @ 30th April 2012 12:07) *
Instructions for remote programming can be found in the workshop manuals, however I've found these aren't always easy to find quickly or aren't easy to understand for a first-timer so I knocked up some easier to follow and more intuitive step-by-step instructions a while back which I've been emailing to members who've needed them.

I thought it would now be a good idea just to post these in the public domain so they can easily be found by a forum or Google search.

Overview
When a brand new remote receiver is installed (i.e. at the factory or a replacement receiver purchased and installed), new or existing remote controls can be programmed/reprogrammed into it without the need to unlock the remote receiver first. However, after the car has been remotely locked/unlocked a total of 256 times, the receiver will then automatically lock itself. Once this has occurred, the only way to then program/reprogram in any new or existing remote controls is to unlock the remote receiver first using the 4-digit code for one of the remote controls that has already been programmed into it.

The remote receiver unit is installed in the roof next to the rear view mirror...

Infrared (IR) receiver used on early cars
[attachment=13571:RemoteReceiver_IR.jpg]

Radio Frequency (RF) receiver used on later cars
[attachment=13572:RemoteReceiver_RF.jpg]

The 4-digit code for each remote control was originally supplied as a white sticker on a tag attached to the remote control when it was new and the code is shown as 4 digits separated by dots...

Infrared (IR) remote fob used on early cars
[attachment=13573:RemoteCo...olFob_IR.jpg]

Radio Frequency (RF) remote key used on later cars
[attachment=13574:RemoteCo...olKey_RF.jpg]

Remote 4-digit Codes (or 6-part codes on some Fiat cars)
In some cases, the original owner of the car may have have been sensible enough to put the 4-digit code stickers somewhere in the service manual or the owner's handbook. Unfortunately though, in a lot of cases it seems that the original owner kept the codes somewhere safe and then never passed them onto the new owner of the car. Alfa do not keep a record of the 4-digit codes, however I can get the required codes for you and/or reset your remote receiver back to a factory state so that remotes can initially be programmed in without needing to use any codes. I am able to do this for the Alfa 145, 146, 155, 164 & 916 Spider/GTV remote systems (both radio frequency and infrared systems). I have also been able to do it for some Fiats and Lancias of the same era (see my YouTube videos HERE and HERE). If you need this done then please either send me a private message or add a reply to this thread. Please note that I unfortunately cannot do anything for the Alfa 156 and 166 as these use a completely different type of remote system.

Programming Procedure
The two sections below give step-by-step instructions on how to program remotes into locked and unlocked remote receivers. These instructions apply to the Alfa 145/146 as well as the 155, 164, 916 Spider/GTV and a number of other Alfa / Fiat / Lancia cars that also come from the same 1995-2001 era.

1. Protected Programming: Unlocking a LOCKED Remote Receiver for programming
In order to unlock a remote receiver, you will need one of the 4-digit codes for a remote control that has already previously been programmed into the remote receiver. Without one, you will not be able to unlock the remote receiver for programming/reprogramming in new or existing remote controls.

Once you have one of the 4-digit codes, simply follow the steps below:-
  1. Press and hold in the pen tip button on the remote receiver during which the LED on it will start flashing on and off.
  2. Release the pen tip button and then wait for the LED on the remote receiver to illuminate once and then extinguish again before continuing.
  3. Now immediately press and release the pen tip button the number of times that corresponds to the first number of the 4-digit remote control code. Each time the pen tip button is pressed, ensure that the LED on the remote receiver lights up which confirms that it has registered the button press. If the number is zero then don't press the button at all and just go onto the next step.
  4. Wait for the LED on the remote receiver to illuminate once and then extinguish again before continuing.
  5. Now immediately press and release the pen tip button the number of times that corresponds to the second number of the 4-digit remote control code. As before, ensure that the LED on the remote receiver lights up each time the button is pressed which confirms that it has registered the button press. If the number is zero then don't press the button at all and just go onto the next step.
  6. Wait for the LED on the remote receiver to illuminate once and then extinguish again before continuing.
  7. Now immediately press and release the pen tip button the number of times that corresponds to the third number of the 4-digit remote control code. As before, ensure that the LED on the remote receiver lights up each time the button is pressed which confirms that it has registered the button press. If the number is zero then don't press the button at all and just go onto the next step.
  8. Wait for the LED on the remote receiver to illuminate once and then extinguish again before continuing.
  9. Now immediately press and release the pen tip button the number of times that corresponds to the fourth number of the 4-digit remote control code. As before, ensure that the LED on the remote receiver lights up each time the button is pressed which confirms that it has registered the button press. If the number is zero then don't press the button at all and just go onto the next step.
  10. Now that all four digits of the code have been entered, one of the following two things will happen:-
    • VALID CODE ENTERED -> The LED on the remote receiver will start flashing to indicate that a valid 4-digit code has been entered and that the remote receiver has now been temporarily unlocked to allow a remote control to be programmed into it. While the LED is still flashing (if left to flash, it will flash 18 times and then stop), immediately begin the key programming procedure by following the instructions for "Programming Remote Controls into an UNLOCKED Remote Receiver". If the LED stops flashing before the key programming procedure is initiated (i.e. it has been left to flash all 18 times), the "Unlocking a LOCKED Remote Receiver" procedure (this procedure) must be started from the beginning again.
    • INVALID CODE ENTERED -> The LED on the remote receiver will illuminate once for a period of a ~10 seconds to indicate that an invalid 4-digit code has been entered. If this happens then the remote receiver will remain locked and programming will need to be restarted from step 1 again using a 4-digit code which is valid and already known to the remote receiver.

2. Simplified Programming: Programming Remote Controls into an UNLOCKED Remote Receiver
If your remote receiver is already in an unlocked state or you have just unlocked it using the instructions in section 1 above, simply follow the steps below to program a new remote into the receiver:-
  1. Press and hold in the pen tip button on the remote receiver so that the LED on it flashes on and off.
  2. With the pen tip button still held in (do not let go of it in step 1) and the LED still flashing, briefly press the button on the remote control so that the LED on the remote comes on (for the infrared remote systems, make sure the remote control is held at least 20cm away from the remote receiver when doing this).
  3. If the code transmitted by the remote control was successfully registered and stored by the remote receiver then the LED on the remote receiver will stop flashing and briefly switch to being constantly illuminated. If the LED does not stop flashing or switch to being constantly illuminated then the programming of the remote control has failed and the programming procedure will need to be restarted from the beginning again.
  4. Now release the pen tip button on the remote receiver to complete the programming.
  5. Wait 30 seconds before doing anything else. During this period the receiver will re-pair itself with the alarm unit. On some systems the LED on the receiver will flash 6 times, and on other systems you may hear a faint chirp from the alarm unit.
If the remote receiver was previously locked then it will now automatically lock itself again so if another remote control needs to be programmed in (or programming failed and another attempt needs to be made to program in a remote control), the instructions for "Unlocking a LOCKED Remote Receiver" will need to be followed again from the beginning.

If the remote control was successfully programmed into the remote receiver, pressing the button on the remote control will now cause the LED on the remote receiver to light up briefly during which the central locking will also be locked (or unlocked) and the alarm armed (or disarmed).

Hi GialloEvo94.

This post is very helpful indeed, but I have one question I cant seem to sort out.

I drive a Lancia Ypsilon 2001 also with a control remote key. For the past few days the remote control process has stopped working. This began after I switched the remote control batteries. However, I noticed that the light of the remote receiver is always on, even when the key isn't being pressed. Do I need to perhaps remove the car battery for a few minutes to reset the car receiver?

Many thanks in advance.

JCordeiro, from Portugal.

[b]Edit: I disconnected the car battery for some minutes and then used your step 2 and worked perfectly.

Cheers from Portugal and thanks for the valuable info.

This post has been edited by Joćo Cordeiro: 26th October 2019 14:23
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Ganz
post 29th October 2019 00:04
Post #109 | Print

1.6 16v

Group: Veteran
Member No.: 10,640
Driving: 145 Cloverleaf 2.0L ts

Loving the resurrection of these ancient threads. They're like the dead sea scrolls worshippy.gif

--------------------
G A N Z 145

Instagram
ganz145_alfa

View Vehicles
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22 Nov 2019 07:36