post 13th June 2018 05:18
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 15th November 2018 11:25
Member No.: 12,820
Driving: Alfa 145 Cloverleaf

Hi,

It has been a while since I last posted something about my car here. So here's my car after two -almost three- years of ownership.

Here's when I first got it.

The car came with those aftermaket wheels and a pair of 146 Ti ones which were restored and installed.

I also had the brilliant idea of removing the hideous black paint layed over the grille, but discovered the previous owner who did this got a little bit carried away with the "surface preparation" and sanded through the clearcoat, paint, basecoat up to the plastic rant.gif

So I came with a not elegant nor subtle solution gleam.gif ...

Which once in the car looked like this.

At this point the car looked more or less like this.

The car stayed like that for quite a lot of time with the only changes being a tow strap and the dull gray surround of the instrument cluster being wrapped in carbon.

I recently traded the 146 wheels for Cloverleaf rims.

Which sadly didn't last very long because one of them leaked so they needed to be replaced. The car came full circle as it's back with the aftermarket wheels it originally came with, only this time painted white. This is only temporal while the Cloverleaf alloys get restored. For the time being it looks like this.

The car has been great so far. It did have (and has) some problems but that's just something you get with old cars.

Things I need to sort:

-Replace the headlights due to broken regulators, if possible with "GTA" style ones. Or just paint them lol

-Sort oil leak.

-Repair front bumper mounting, which snapped and left one side lower.

-Paint and install version 1 Zender spoiler without brake light. (Anyone mind explaining how to? Is double sided tape and silicone ok? Don't really want to drill the rear hatch).

The list goes on...

I'll update the post as the car evolves. No turbo or track conversions here sorry tongue.gif

If you made it this far down the post give yourself a pat on the back thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by aero_mati: 13th June 2018 23:16

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
dante giacosa
post 13th June 2018 08:24
Post #2 | Print

1.6 8v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 15th November 2018 14:25
Member No.: 13,068
Driving: 146 CF2 1.8 T-spark

Hey aero mati!

I love your car-

it looks HOT, where you are! does your air conditioning work!??

Are those original TI wheels 'chromed'?! they look to reflect the light in a high-sheen kind of way.

you know you can still get the bumper supports..? they are quite cheap...

do you have a black 145 too?

I even love your 'signature' avatar too!!

View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Nigel145
post 13th June 2018 18:20
Post #3 | Print

1.4 16v

Member No.: 10,847
Driving: Alfa 145

Looks great thumbup.gif
I think i prefer the aftermarket wheels
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
aero_mati
post 14th June 2018 00:00
Post #4 | Print

1.3 8v

QUOTE(dante giacosa @ 13th June 2018 05:24) *
Hey aero mati!

I love your car-
it looks HOT, where you are! does your air conditioning work!??

Are those original TI wheels 'chromed'?! they look to reflect the light in a high-sheen kind of way.

you know you can still get the bumper supports..? they are quite cheap...

do you have a black 145 too?
I even love your 'signature' avatar too!!

Hey!
Thanks Dante! Glad you like the car (and signature haha!)

It does get quite hot in summer, and the A/C doesn't quite work no3.gif . It does turn on and all but the air isn't cold. I had the sistem recharged when I first got it but it made no difference.

The Ti wheels were painted with a Hyper Silver finish which is more reflective. I think it looks better than the original grey and makes the rim look more interesting.

Yes I do, but my main problem it's not the metal supports that hold the corners (which are bent, and have to ideally be replaced) but the plastic tabs below the grille. One of them snapped, and I don't really want to replace the whole bumper.

No, the black 145 belongs to my uncle.

QUOTE(Nigel145 @ 13th June 2018 15:20) *
Looks great thumbup.gif
I think i prefer the aftermarket wheels

Thanks Nigel!

Haha it doesn't look bad. Those got painted ages ago but I never got around to replacing them and just stuck with the 146 ones. I guess they are a proof of concept, that white on red looks great coolio.gif
Although being 15's they look a bit small (or the car needs more low lol)

This post has been edited by aero_mati: 14th June 2018 00:02

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Nigel145
post 14th June 2018 18:35
Post #5 | Print

1.4 16v

QUOTE(aero_mati @ 14th June 2018 01:00) *
Hey!
Thanks Dante! Glad you like the car (and signature haha!)

It does get quite hot in summer, and the A/C doesn't quite work no3.gif . It does turn on and all but the air isn't cold. I had the sistem recharged when I first got it but it made no difference.
The Ti wheels were painted with a Hyper Silver finish which is more reflective. I think it looks better than the original grey and makes the rim look more interesting.
Yes I do, but my main problem it's not the metal supports that hold the corners (which are bent, and have to ideally be replaced) but the plastic tabs below the grille. One of them snapped, and I don't really want to replace the whole bumper.
No, the black 145 belongs to my uncle.
Thanks Nigel!

Haha it doesn't look bad. Those got painted ages ago but I never got around to replacing them and just stuck with the 146 ones. I guess they are a proof of concept, that white on red looks great coolio.gif
Although being 15's they look a bit small (or the car needs more low lol)

Attached Image

I have white 17's
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Harpo
post 14th June 2018 23:38
Post #6 | Print

1.3 8v

Local Time: 15th November 2018 15:25
Member No.: 6,976

Love the white wheels. Iím not normally a fan but against the red they just POP (been watching some yank car show).
That grill is brilliant. Iím not going to copy it, no Sir, no way, itís your idea, wouldnít be right to copy it, no way ...

Has anyone got the paint code for the Italian flag? whistle.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
aero_mati
post 15th June 2018 00:28
Post #7 | Print

1.3 8v

QUOTE(Nigel145 @ 14th June 2018 15:35) *
Attached Image

I have white 17's

That looks amazing. That's actually my goal, to have some white 17's, or 16's which is more usable. A month or so ago I was tempeted to buy a set of 16' O.Z Superturismos (the old version) but the asking price plus restoration exceeded my budget. If I were to buy a set of new wheels I'd go for some Magnetti Marelli wheels for Fiat 500.

ps: Do I spy Recaro sport seats inside wink.gif

QUOTE(Harpo @ 14th June 2018 20:38) *
Love the white wheels. Iím not normally a fan but against the red they just POP (been watching some yank car show).
That grill is brilliant. Iím not going to copy it, no Sir, no way, itís your idea, wouldnít be right to copy it, no way ...

Has anyone got the paint code for the Italian flag? whistle.gif

Thanks,

Go ahead Sir, we all draw inspiration from somewhere. I always liked the Peugeot Sport colours on the grilles of the 205/405/106.
I'll have the grill painted soon so it has to go. But I think I'll re do it, it has sort of become a trademark of the car haha (only this time with proper vinyl, not electrical tape laugh.gif )

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Nigel145
post 15th June 2018 18:33
Post #8 | Print

1.4 16v

QUOTE(aero_mati @ 15th June 2018 01:28) *
That looks amazing. That's actually my goal, to have some white 17's, or 16's which is more usable. A month or so ago I was tempeted to buy a set of 16' O.Z Superturismos (the old version) but the asking price plus restoration exceeded my budget. If I were to buy a set of new wheels I'd go for some Magnetti Marelli wheels for Fiat 500.

ps: Do I spy Recaro sport seats inside wink.gif
Thanks,

Go ahead Sir, we all draw inspiration from somewhere. I always liked the Peugeot Sport colours on the grilles of the 205/405/106.
I'll have the grill painted soon so it has to go. But I think I'll re do it, it has sort of become a trademark of the car haha (only this time with proper vinyl, not electrical tape laugh.gif )

Thank you.
Both wheels you mention are great looking wheels,either would suit the 145.
Yes you do spot Recaro seats thumbsup.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Ganz
post 20th June 2018 23:32
Post #9 | Print

1.6 8v

Member No.: 10,640
Driving: 145 Cloverleaf 2.0L ts

coolio.gif good job mate👍
Liking the yellow tow strap thumbup.gif I quite like the original Cloverleaf 15 inchers. If you keep them clean they have a nice bright look. 15" light in weight wink.gif The 17" white Braids do look good too. Get the car lowered! Keep us posted with updates. Ganz

--------------------
G A N Z 145

Instagram
ganz145_alfa
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
dante giacosa
post 21st June 2018 08:06
Post #10 | Print

1.6 8v

Member No.: 13,068
Driving: 146 CF2 1.8 T-spark

Do you know?

I've never thought about that, Ganz- is that true;

smaller wheel sizes are lighter..?
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
aero_mati
post 25th June 2018 05:44
Post #11 | Print

1.3 8v

QUOTE(Ganz @ 20th June 2018 20:32) *
coolio.gif good job mate👍
Liking the yellow tow strap thumbup.gif I quite like the original Cloverleaf 15 inchers. If you keep them clean they have a nice bright look. 15" light in weight wink.gif The 17" white Braids do look good too. Get the car lowered! Keep us posted with updates. Ganz

Thanks Ganz!

Remember how many times I asked about the tow straps on your post?? roflmao.gif . Looks much better than the half painted/half rusted original hook it had, although I get weird looks from people lol. Glad I went with the yellow one, looks good against the red (might even paint the calipers yellow whistle.gif lol).

I also like the Cloverleaf alloys, they are different (although many people told me that they look like the Ford Sierra XR4i ones nono.gif ).
IMO 15" is alright for Alfa wheels but for aftermarket ones I find it to be too small. Weight-wise I really have no idea how much the original Cloverleaf ones weight (If somebody knows please enlighten me lol) but I guess it depends of the material and construction method (forged, cast, etc) so you can probably get a set of bigger aftermarket wheels that weight the same or less than the original.
Speaking of lightweight wheels, I found a set of weird 15x6.5 Desmond Regamaster Evo which only weight 3.9kg for sale (at 415 GBP sad.gif ) . Really nice wheels usually associated with Hondas.

I'd love to lower it by throwing a set of Eibachs Pro-kit, but I wouldn't be able to get up the parking lot hahah. Right now with the std height it scrapes on some of the ramps. Both my front bumper and centre resonator are not liking it no3.gif

Cheers!

--------------------
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15 Nov 2018 14:25