IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Remove dashboard completely for dampening car, How to remove dashboard completely to add dampering material
Pantera
post 29th May 2017 23:46
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Local Time: 26th May 2018 14:34
Member No.: 12,139
Driving: Alfa Romeo 145Q

Hi everybody.
I am right now in a mission to remove all the original insulation and dampening material to change it for a more robust and performant one.
Right now I have removed everything on the dashboard except the upper console (the one that is holding the gauges cluster and goes from end to end).
I have removed the 4 bolts from below the dashboard to was holding it and the 2 alen bolts that are next to the windshield, but the goddamn thing won't leave its place.
Right now it is moving up a bit when I pushed up but it seems that there is something in the middle holding it and I can remove it completely.
I have checked the technical manual and have done everything it said, but could not do ti.

Can anyone of you guide me to accomplish this task? I have been trying for at least 5 hours and I could not do it.
I will later upload pictures of it.

Thank you in advance.
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Ganz
post 29th May 2017 23:49
Post #2 | Print

1.6 8v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 26th May 2018 18:34
Member No.: 10,640
Driving: 145 Cloverleaf 2.0L ts

QUOTE(Pantera @ 30th May 2017 00:46) *
Hi everybody.
I am right now in a mission to remove all the original insulation and dampening material to change it for a more robust and performant one.
Right now I have removed everything on the dashboard except the upper console (the one that is holding the gauges cluster and goes from end to end).
I have removed the 4 bolts from below the dashboard to was holding it and the 2 alen bolts that are next to the windshield, but the goddamn thing won't leave its place.
Right now it is moving up a bit when I pushed up but it seems that there is something in the middle holding it and I can remove it completely.
I have checked the technical manual and have done everything it said, but could not do ti.

Can anyone of you guide me to accomplish this task? I have been trying for at least 5 hours and I could not do it.
I will later upload pictures of it.

Thank you in advance.

Hey Pantera. Never done it myself but sure that someone here will have removed the upper console.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
G A N Z 145

Instagram
ganz145_alfa
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Pantera
post 1st June 2017 01:50
Post #3 | Print

1.3 8v

This is the actual state of the panel.

What you see is the panel completely dismantled. I have removed the 6 bolts but I cannot remove the piece.
Help please!.

This post has been edited by Pantera: 1st June 2017 01:51
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Antonio
post 1st June 2017 13:19
Post #4 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: Member
Local Time: 26th May 2018 19:34
Member No.: 12,458
Driving: 146 Boxer 16v, 146 Ti Fl, 145 Qv Fl

Are you sure you don't have to remove the instrument cluster? Did you remove the windcreen air outlets?

Will you save OEM dampening or will you bin it and put new one?

This post has been edited by Antonio: 1st June 2017 13:22
View Vehicles
+Quote Post
Pantera
post 2nd June 2017 01:17
Post #5 | Print

1.3 8v

QUOTE(Antonio @ 1st June 2017 10:19) *
Are you sure you don't have to remove the instrument cluster? Did you remove the windcreen air outlets?

Will you save OEM dampening or will you bin it and put new one?

I have removed the instrument cluster when tried to remove the dash, but have to reinsert it to use it on the week days.
Also removed the air vents and did everything the tech manual says, but I coudn't complete the removal.
On the weekend I will try to remove the air climate system because I'm starting to think that there is an air conduct that is messing up the removal.

My toughts are to first remove the oem dampening material and replace it with Stinger Roadkill Extreme plates that I have now and on top of that a sound blocker foam, but maybe then I could apply the oem dampener above it to increase the road and engine sound insulation.
I will post the steps and the results of the proyect smile.gif
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26 May 2018 17:34