Post #1 | Print

1.6 8v

Group: Regular
Local Time: 20th September 2019 04:12
Member No.: 44
Driving: Alfa 145 QV

Hi

'92 J reg. 33 1.5 ie for sale

I've had it since Augast 2002. Ran fine until the engine gave up down the motorway in November last year sad.gif

Engine has a major mechanical fault with it, and does not fire up. It could possibly be big end bearings, damaged con rod. but i'm no mechanic and have not had a professional mechanic look at it. The cam belts are intact, and were replaced when i got the car in August 2002, but couldn't tell you if they have jumped a tooth.

Basically the engine needs stripping down or replacing, I have contemplated doing this but have no where to undertake the job. The body shows it's age and has a few dings heer and there and the paintwork is bubbling around the filler cap, wheel arches (usual places) but at this stage is only superficial corrosion. There is no deep rooted rot in the body or panels. The body has had a some weding done when the seat mounts rusted through and is in good order. There is a long noticeable scratch on the bonnet that some little tow rag did with a knife one night when it was parked outside.

Interior is pretty clean and does not look over worn except what you would expect to see through normal use of a car this age. The engine bay is very clean and has no rust in the usual spots, except for superficial oxidation on bear metal parts around the engine block.

I have considered breaking the car but have no where to keep parts etc.

I'd rather see this car go to an enthusiast than scrap it, and it definately has a few more miles it should someone decide to get her back on the road. All running gear is fine except for the engine that needs attention.

Car is MOT'd till this April and currently has no tax. Since I've had it she's had a new clutch, starter motor, and belt change + welding to underside of body. 89 k on the clock.

I'm afraid I didn't get chance to wash the 33 before I took the snaps, but apart from the odd superficial marks to the body it does shine up well.

The car will not fire up, and will need towing/carrying to its new destination (I live in Hull). This 33 would make an ideal weekend project, and doesn't need a great deal of work to get her going again.

Well that covers most points, if anyone is interested or wants to know more let me know, i can take more pics. if requested.

Price 100 ono.

Cheers for lookin
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20 Sep 2019 03:12