IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Door Lock Mechanism experts - assemble!, It's broke...
BudgetBoxer
post 11th March 2019 21:11
Post #1 | Print

1.3 8v

Group: New Member
Local Time: 17th November 2019 16:05
Member No.: 13,528
Driving: Alfa 145 1.6 Boxer

Help needed!

My 145's passenger door lock has not been great since I bought it, often requiring multiple attempts to get it to lock via manually or the central locking. Recently it decided it didn't want to lock at all, so I've torn into the door a bit.

The rods in the door seemed ok, not bent or anything and correctly attached, but the lock block itself seemed to be resisting the movement via the rods, so I removed the lock mechanism and separated the electric motor portion. I cleaned up most of the old grease in there and this is what I've found...

The opening handle works fine, backed up by actuating it manually.

The locking movement for both turning from the barrel, or using the interior locking switch looks to be massively out of alignment. Excuse the crappy paint skills and take a look

Attached Image

It looks to me like what should happen is that when the door is locked, what I've labelled as locking bar, should be prevented from moving by the damaged area sliding round and holding it into place. In practice it just hits the 'locking bar' with minimal travel and that's it.

Attached Image

You can see the damage that's happened over many uses of this, but I'm at a loss as to how to fix it. It doesn't feel like anything is loose / out of position, yet clearly it is in the wrong place..

Anyone been here before?
Go to the top of the page
View Vehicles
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17 Nov 2019 15:05